TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 420

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

  1. #221

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It was at Camping World and is moving this year.

    The crowds at Camping World looked dwarfed by how big the stadium is. This place will look fuller which will make a much better presentation on TV.

    It's also a pretty new facility I believe.
    Might be a little weird for Eagles fans to sit in purple seats.

    Artist Formerly Known as ditka4prez

    http://www.forgotten5.com

  2. #222

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenEagle View Post
    Might be a little weird for Eagles fans to sit in purple seats.



    Make sure to bring any and all Atlanta United gear as well

  3. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    It was at Camping World and is moving this year.

    The crowds at Camping World looked dwarfed by how big the stadium is. This place will look fuller which will make a much better presentation on TV.

    It's also a pretty new facility I believe.
    Yeah, the Exploria Stadium seats around 25k, it was recently built for Orlando’s MLS team. It’s less than half the size and about 80 years newer than the artist formally known as the Citrus Bowl. It’s nice.

  4. #224

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Considering Mobile typically takes the non-champ with the best record, I don't see that happening.

    I'll stick with trusting those who either are themselves, or know someone in the know when they say it's going to be Orlando. I'm still hoping for Camellia though, it's an easy trip.
    the guy also predicted ULL beats Appy.(not going to happen). He's got ArkState going to Arizona.

  5. #225

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Can someone explain to me the bowl pool system we're going into next year?

  6. #226

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, the Exploria Stadium seats around 25k, it was recently built for Orlando’s MLS team. It’s less than half the size and about 80 years newer than the artist formally known as the Citrus Bowl. It’s nice.

    What, not more peeing in troughs? Well dang, I guess we'll manage.

    I'm excited to see the first football game in that stadium, and hoping our Eagles give us more great memories!

    If we go to the Cure Bowl, that is.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    9,023

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    nm

    already answered
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  8. #228

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    What, not more peeing in troughs? Well dang, I guess we'll manage.

    I'm excited to see the first football game in that stadium, and hoping our Eagles give us more great memories!

    If we go to the Cure Bowl, that is.
    Are you still in the "loop"(smile)

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The 19th Hole
    Posts
    13,682

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Honestly, these "little" 18,000 to 25,000 seat MLS stadiums are just about perfect for G5 level bowl games. Red Bull arena seats 25,000 and looks amazing. Dignity Health Park (LA Galaxy) seats 27,000 and is incredible.

  10. #230

    Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Can someone explain to me the bowl pool system we're going into next year?
    The Sun Belt has not released the conference bowl line up for 2020 thru 2025. Below is the bowl line up released by the AAC.

    American Athletic Conference Bowl Lineup (2020-25)
    Annual Appearances
    Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman (Annapolis, Maryland)
    Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl (Fort Worth, Texas)/SoFi Hawaii Bowl (Honolulu, Hawaii) – alternating years
    Bowl game to be named – (Boston, Massachusetts)

    Four Selections Annually From the Following
    Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, Alabama)
    Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl (Tampa, Florida)
    SERVPRO First Responder Bowl (Dallas, Texas)
    Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl (Boca Raton, Florida)
    Frisco Bowl (Frisco, Texas)
    AutoNation Cure Bowl (Orlando, Florida)
    Myrtle Beach Bowl (Myrtle Beach, South Carolina)
    New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, New Mexico)



    The speculation is that the Sun Belt will have a team in NOLA and Mobile every year and then have 3 guaranteed spots each year in a pool 5/6 different bowl games which should include Montgomery, Myrtle Beach, Cure Bowl and several other bowls.
    "Once and Eagle Always and Eagle"
    Valley, Alabama
    Fan of Erk since the 70's, Eagle Scout 1978, Georgia Southern Fan since 2009

Similar Threads

  1. Realistic shot at a postseason?
    By GSUALLDAY25 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25th February 2017, 02:47 PM
  2. Realistic Expectations for 2014 Season
    By kdarnell233 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 24th January 2014, 08:27 PM
  3. What is a realistic goal for our basketball program?
    By Eaglebacker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 2nd April 2009, 10:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •