TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by blueisbest View Post
    Id much prefer to look for them in Orlando.

I can't figure the exact scenario out, but I think you're onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    We are going to Mobile, lead pipe lock.
    Y'all really need to look for rooms in Mobile.
    Dunno where Louisiana and App are going, but they AREN'T going to Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Ok, I've made my point. I'll either turn out to be the one that called it early, or just another idiot with bad Intel (Colin Powell isn't such bad company).

Ok, I've made my point. I'll either turn out to be the one that called it early, or just another idiot with bad Intel (Colin Powell isn't such bad company).
    LOL i was just making sure everyone else got the hint as well.

If App wins and Lending Tree Bowl picks Georgia Southern over Louisiana, their fans will be understandably upset. Can you imagine going 10-2 in the regular season, losing to a really good team in the conference championship and have the bowl four hours away not pick you.

I mean, if you were Roger Inman, that would carry some weight. But you’re not, so I’m skeptical.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Only realistic scenario that puts us in Mobile is if ULL wins the conference title game. In that case, Mobile would choose next. It's 200 fewer miles to Mobile from Statesboro than Boone and an even easier trip for Eagles in the ATL area. App has been to Mobile as recently as two years ago while we were there four years ago. The attendances for those two games were nearly identical. So it could very well be that Mobile thinks it can get a better showing out of Georgia Southern.

Then again, that's the thinking that every bowl has. You could easily make the argument that Montgomery should also take GS. We rocked it out last year and the argument could easily be made that GS would bring more fans and revenue to the Camellia Bowl than any other Sun Belt team. GaSt might be much closer, but they can't get 5,000 people to go to their home games, much less sell 5,000 allotted seats. And many would probably make a day trip out of it, depriving local restaurants and hotels of tourism money.

As near as I have been able to gather from talking to a dozen different people, the uncertainty has a lot to do with Georgia Southern's popularity. The Cure Bowl is dying to get us, but Mobile and Montgomery would have to pass on us first and both seem to be just fine with hosting the Eagles once again.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Fair enough. And last year I would have been much more in the know. But it just kinda fell in my lap today. (Replying to GATAlac El Dorado)

Fair enough. And last year I would have been much more in the know. But it just kinda fell in my lap today. (Replying to GATAlac El Dorado)
    I was just joshin’ with ya.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    I was just joshin’ with ya.
    I know, and I agree it doesn't make a ton of sense. My source had 0 perspective on the why or how.