TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Some pics that are a few years old but announced attendance for this game in 2016 was 13,363.
    The score is closer to the actual attendance.
    Bowl rep at a game would be too busy looking at past ticket sales to notice something like this I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Some pics that are a few years old but announced attendance for this game in 2016 was 13,363.
    The score is closer to the actual attendance.
    Bowl rep at a game would be too busy looking at past ticket sales to notice something like this I'm sure.

And not that it matters, but that was a Thursday night game. I remember watching this at a friend's on the way to Ole Miss

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    From our very good friend Ben Moore:

If the Cure Bowl takes anyone other than Arkansas State I'll be shocked. I've heard from GSU people that it will most likely be an Alabama bowl but nothing is finalized until this weekend. These bowls are basically set up this week because travel plans will need to be firmed for the teams.
    Elliott has been very vocal about how critical the next two weekends being important for official visits. GSU only has a few spots left in the class so the next 15 days are important to lock the class in.
    To clarify - Elliott was telling the hosts that if GSU gets the invite to Arizona then he wanted them to join them out there. Hugh came to the App State-GSU game and was on the field pregame.

Louisiana has struggled mightily with home fan support. Don't be shocked if they get sent to an Alabama bowl and don't travel very well there.
    Guys who would know (like Brett McMurphy) have said for weeks that GS is most likely headed to Tuscon. Something to watch.
    Like it or not - GSU beating Tennessee and even Army is a major deal to some of these bowl selection committees and why I believe the Panthers are a very attractive choice to several of these bowls.
    If the Red Wolves don't head to Orlando they may head to Tuscon.”
    Opponet fans can deny it when we say we report attendance much closer to in-person attendance than the vast majority of G5s, but we still get selected for ESPN weekday games as much or more than any Sun Belt team and bought the most tickets to Montgomery than any other team (including App twice).

BTW, speaking of McMurphy (whose predictions Ben touts) he now has revised predictions that have us in the Cure Bowl against Liberty.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Guys a clown, folks. Nothing to see here, move along

5. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    Guys a clown, folks. Nothing to see here, move along
    Agreed. I just like sharing his words with y’all. It like watching a psychopath on a downward spiral. It’s entertaining.

6. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Agreed. I just like sharing his words with y’all. It like watching a psychopath on a downward spiral. It’s entertaining.
    I have to wonder if he believes everything he puts out there. I used to get worked up about what he wrote. Now, I just shake my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    I have to wonder if he believes everything he puts out there. I used to get worked up about what he wrote. Now, I just shake my head.
    Even for State fans, the only ones that take him seriously are the 5-10 people that post on PT. He's been consistently complaining about State's attendance for the last couple of years, even though he doesn't even go to the games. Dude's a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Even for State fans, the only ones that take him seriously are the 5-10 people that post on PT. He's been consistently complaining about State's attendance for the last couple of years, even though he doesn't even go to the games. Dude's a hack.
    State most likely buys him 100 tickets a year which means he's counted 100 times in the attendance figures so he probably feels he has a vested interest.

Still waiting for somebody(who actually knows something) to spill the beans.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    Still waiting for somebody(who actually knows something) to spill the beans.
    That's just it... I'm not sure anyone really knows.
    McMurphy may not be that far off, but honestly I think with App still having that very very slim chance of getting an access bowl, everything is on standby as that would shift things around a little bit.

Although I do wonder if the GATALifestyle video they are filming tonight at gnats has anything to do with the announcement..