TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Now see all of the last 3 posts were funny! ;-)
    Hey, hey! TALON figured out the “quote” function!
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    This. But there is a double edged sword to that, if we lose it's incredibly embarrassing.
    Since we’ve got a home and home with them coming up, at least we can get revenge.

But that’s irrelevant. We won’t lose.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Hey, hey! TALON figured out the “quote” function!
    I sometimes forgot we have multiple quote buttons. A lot of other boards dont have that just the single button and one site didn't even have that!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    I sometimes forgot we have multiple quote buttons. A lot of other boards dont have that just the single button and one site didn't even have that!
    Just kidding you, TALON. (smile)
    Thanks, Rastabot!

AAC has 7 bowl eligible teams and 8 bowl tie ins. Cure Bowl picks 7th out of 8. Cincinnati or Memphis would have to get the NY6 bid for Liberty to get the Cure slot. Not a long shot as both are ranked just ahead of Boise. However, Boise could jump both depending on how the game plays out and if Cincy wins. You'd have to think Boise gets the nod over 2 loss Cincy and Memphis.

8th pick is the Quick Lane Bowl vs Big 10. That slot is guaranteed to be a wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Since we’ve got a home and home with them coming up, at least we can get revenge.

But that’s irrelevant. We won’t lose.
    I agree. It's hard to gauge any of their stats given their schedule. They had 3 FBS wins, and 2 of those were against the same team.

7. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Western Michigan vs Georgia Southern.... Camellia Bowl.

8. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

If you're going by ESPN's estimate maybe. There's 7 or 8 predictions out there right now, and not 1 of them is the same. Arizona Bowl is the most cited prediction, but then the opponent they're predicting are all different. I'll just wait until official announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    Western Michigan vs Georgia Southern.... Camellia Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    If you're going by ESPN's estimate maybe. There's 7 or 8 predictions out there right now, and not 1 of them is the same. Arizona Bowl is the most cited prediction, but then the opponent they're predicting are all different. I'll just wait until official announcement.
    And Georgia State's head coach has already spilled the beans on that one.

10. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

From our very good friend Ben Moore:

If the Cure Bowl takes anyone other than Arkansas State I'll be shocked. I've heard from GSU people that it will most likely be an Alabama bowl but nothing is finalized until this weekend. These bowls are basically set up this week because travel plans will need to be firmed for the teams.
    Elliott has been very vocal about how critical the next two weekends being important for official visits. GSU only has a few spots left in the class so the next 15 days are important to lock the class in.
    To clarify - Elliott was telling the hosts that if GSU gets the invite to Arizona then he wanted them to join them out there. Hugh came to the App State-GSU game and was on the field pregame.

Louisiana has struggled mightily with home fan support. Don't be shocked if they get sent to an Alabama bowl and don't travel very well there.
    Guys who would know (like Brett McMurphy) have said for weeks that GS is most likely headed to Tuscon. Something to watch.
    Like it or not - GSU beating Tennessee and even Army is a major deal to some of these bowl selection committees and why I believe the Panthers are a very attractive choice to several of these bowls.
    If the Red Wolves don't head to Orlando they may head to Tuscon.”