TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Valid points. I just want to see us go out and earn more respect. I agree, an unblemished bowl record will go a long way for our reputation.

But, here is an example of how I see it... Boise and App could very well both be 12-1 next week and IMO Boise will be ranked ahead of App by the committee 9 times out 10 in that situation (putting them in a better position for access bowl) partially due to their reputation of beating teams like TCU, Oregon and Oklahoma in bowl games, while App beats the Toledo’s. I understand we don’t have the bowl tie-ins that the WAC does, but we have to take advantage when we can. JMHO
    Which happened because they went undefeated in the regular season and got placed in those matchups.

The Oregon game was a home game for Boise that they won.

When provided those matchups you have to make the best of them. Our bowl tie-ins are not where you're gonna get those matchups. Get your sacrificial lamb, win your game, put the trophy in the case.

Next year we can go undefeated over an Ole Miss team with a first year HC, beating Boise along the way, and have a good resume when it comes time for Access Bowl consideration. THEN we get the marquee matchup in the bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I meant NORMAL people wouldn’t know.
    Normal people? I could have sworn you said “FCS die-hards.”
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    And before the FCS die-hards jump in, I bet you can't name our 2000 Quarterfinal opponent either. All you remember is that we won.
    Taking a shot here..... Hofstra?

I was there. It was Hofstra. Was Wayne Chrebet on that team?
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

The 2000 playoffs was a coaching masterpiece. Hall of fame stuff.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Big time win over a program that dripped football.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I want a win, too, but I also want a respectful win. When people hear we beat EMU they assume that they were 7-6 and 5th in the MAC (or the like). If we want respect than we need to go out and take it, and that’s hard to do with walk-off FG wins against 5th place MAC teams. If we lose to a good AAC program and end the season at 7-6, so be it, the reality is we were a 7-6 team this year. But, I’ll also take the easy win if that is our given path.
    I want a win, period. I don't care who it is with because in two years, no one other than our own fans will remember who we played anyway.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by SwampEagle View Post
    Some sites say Temple or Tulane
    Please be Temple and we blow them out....so I can listen to Buck and Kincade and troll Kincade's *** for a year.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

9. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Liberty fans seem pretty confident that they will go to the Cure Bowl. Liberty has a secondary agreement with the Cure Bowl should they be eligible and the Sun Belt or AAC can’t fill a slot. The AAC has 7 eligible teams for 7 slots so the only way I can see Liberty getting in is if an AAC teams gets the access bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Liberty fans seem pretty confident that they will go to the Cure Bowl. Liberty has a secondary agreement with the Cure Bowl should they be eligible and the Sun Belt or AAC can’t fill a slot. The AAC has 7 eligible teams for 7 slots so the only way I can see Liberty getting in is if an AAC teams gets the access bowl.
    Which they likely will. If Memphis beats Cincy it isn't a question, and if Cincy wins there's a chance at 11-2 they get in over a 12-1 App.

EDIT: Cure Bowl Twitter pretty much retweets every score of every AAC, SBC, and Liberty game. But they also posted one 2 days ago of an interview with Liberty's radio announcer and the executive director of the Cure Bowl.
    Last edited by kdarnell233; 2nd December 2019 at 09:44 AM.