TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3839404142 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Bowl Selection

Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

12/21, good day, GS basketball 1:00 home conference game. Get home in 5 min. And watch the rest of Cure Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    A 2:30 kick is really gonna cramp my RotR dreams.
    Same.
    OAS AAS LLS

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    #spellcheck
    hahaha

now if only Drink goes to Mizzou rumors are true
    my day will be complete
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Liberty’s SOS is a joke, they SHOULD have inflated numbers in several categories. I get what you’re saying, but it shouldn’t be a problem.
    yep, they are independent and have really only one quality win, if you call Buffalo quality. I will not be a happy camper if Liberty beats us.

They should be a competitive opponent. Lots of offensive numbers but our boys will be ready, willing, and able. I have my room and tickets. I am ready!
    We run about six plays, just see if you can stop 'em---- Paul Johnson

How many quality wins did Troy have?

7. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

This will be Liberty’s first bowl game I believe. I’m sure they will be up for this game as well.
    Should be plenty of elbow room for Eagle fans at the local taverns.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    How many quality wins did Troy have?
    Exactly. I don't think that was a lack of effort by us or fluke. It was a schematic issue.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

9. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

From our very good friend Ben Moore:

"I also think the reality is we are not as attractive as other bowl eligible schools right now and why we fell down the pecking order a bit. That's on us as fans and alums to buy tickets and show up to games. It's not enough to just buy tickets, we have to show up. Some of the home crowds this year have been embarrassing and I expect a very, very light GSU crowd in Tuscon. We will, most likely, lose money on this bowl trip. The only thing that matters now is winning the game and get to 8-5. The 2020 and 2021 recruits need to see GSU on this stage playing well as they did two years ago in Orlando.

For example - GS started a bowl presale as soon as they were bowl eligible. They could show any bowl interested in them that they could guarantee people were coming. That matters folks. Bowls are about one thing = making money."

His tune did a complete 180 from a few days ago. Reality is a harsh mistress.

10. Default Re: Realistic Bowl Selection

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    From our very good friend Ben Moore:

"I also think the reality is we are not as attractive as other bowl eligible schools right now and why we fell down the pecking order a bit. That's on us as fans and alums to buy tickets and show up to games. It's not enough to just buy tickets, we have to show up. Some of the home crowds this year have been embarrassing and I expect a very, very light GSU crowd in Tuscon. We will, most likely, lose money on this bowl trip. The only thing that matters now is winning the game and get to 8-5. The 2020 and 2021 recruits need to see GSU on this stage playing well as they did two years ago in Orlando.

For example - GS started a bowl presale as soon as they were bowl eligible. They could show any bowl interested in them that they could guarantee people were coming. That matters folks. Bowls are about one thing = making money."

His tune did a complete 180 from a few days ago. Reality is a harsh mistress.
    He couldn't have Ben Moore wrong about his bowl projections.