TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Davie and New Mexico part ways

1. Default Re: Bob Davie and New Mexico part ways

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    I'm not sure if it would really change anyone's opinion or not, but on the radio show last night Chad mentioned that at one point this past weekend he looked out and we were literally playing our scout team guys on OL. He didn't mean that as a diss to the players but just to show what we're currently dealing with due to injuries and whatnot
    It shocked me when coach said that. I think we all knew it was bad, but not that bad.

Default Re: Bob Davie and New Mexico part ways

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    That’s the question. Blaming Hudson for our OL shortcomings is probably unfair, too.
    this is the coach who coined the phrase, "your blocking ghosts", priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by Mose Bass View Post
    It shocked me when coach said that. I think we all knew it was bad, but not that bad.
    He’s done a good job not blaming this year on them. At no point during the season has he said, “What do you expect to happen with all the injuries we have.” I’m sure he thinks it from time to time, but he hasn’t said it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I have contributed for the last several years.

Closest I came to stopping was when Summers was given a second season. But I didn't.

The best way through the bad times is to continue contributing. Money fixes a lot of mistakes. Less money means they endure longer.

Can y'all imagine how horrible we would be if Summers had been allowed to remain for his full contract?
    we FINALLY agree on something!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

5. Default Re: Bob Davie and New Mexico part ways

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    we FINALLY agree on something!
    Kind of warms my heart too....

-Thanksgiving miracle!

What is being articulated is the absence of consistency. You simply cannot expect to depend on consistent results (or improvements) with the changes across the lineup like we've had.

Per the Georgia State game notes, 8 different offensive lineman have started at least one game this year as the Eagles have used sevendifferent combinations in 11 games along the starting offensive line due to injuries.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

7. Default Re: Bob Davie and New Mexico part ways

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    What is being articulated is the absence of consistency. You simply cannot expect to depend on consistent results (or improvements) with the changes across the lineup like we've had.

Per the Georgia State game notes, 8 different offensive lineman have started at least one game this year as the Eagles have used sevendifferent combinations in 11 games along the starting offensive line due to injuries.
    Trus....

But a lot of the blocking which should be coming from receivers is bad too.

I really think we have a very serious coaching problem in this area. Guys at all levels seem confused at times about how to block, who to block.

How it the pitch ever gonna work when we have 4 or 5 guys on one or both pitch men all the time?

Whichever coach is supposed to be in charge of this needs to watch some 2014-2015 film real closely. THAT is how it's supposed to look. The announcers frequently commented on how even Ellison and Upshaw were throwing blocks.

(I'm not suggesting that Shai is messing up, IDK if that would be appropriate now, but God I loved Ellison. He was such a baller. He was the perfect option version of Honey Badger)

Quote Originally Posted by ProudEagle View Post
    I'll renew if Chesnut is hired.
    Fun fact, Chestnut was on my highschool coaching staff. Along with Rance Gillespie, Mike West, and Taz Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Fun fact, Chestnut was on my highschool coaching staff. Along with Rance Gillespie, Mike West, and Taz Dixon
    One of these is not like the other.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    One of these is not like the other.
    True. Rance was on offense, think the other 3 we're on defense.