TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercer and Bobby Lamb “part ways”

Default Mercer and Bobby Lamb “part ways”

People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Default Re: Mercer and Bobby Lamb “part ways”

I may be one of the few people in this fan base who likes Lamb, but he just wasn't a wise hire for Mercer IMO.

(Waiting to see if someone will suggest bringing him here to be a QB coach/co-OC/passing game coordinator.)
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I may be one of the few people in this fan base who likes Lamb, but he just wasn't a wise hire for Mercer IMO.

(Waiting to see if someone will suggest bringing him here to be a QB coach/co-OC/passing game coordinator.)
    I like Coach Lamb but we've already tried to mismatch parts for pistol/gun option during the TS Error and that didn't work out too well.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

I liked him too, because anytime he coached against us I felt good about our chances to win.

On the contrary, I think Lamb was the perfect hire to start a non-scholly team in the Pioneer League. That's what he was originally hired to do.

He was the absolute perfect hire for Mercer.

One can debate the results of late, but in terms of starting a program from scratch he did a very good job.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I wouldn't mind if we reached out to him and Kung Fu Mike as consultants during the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    He was the absolute perfect hire for Mercer.

One can debate the results of late, but in terms of starting a program from scratch he did a very good job.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    I wouldn't mind if we reached out to him and Kung Fu Mike as consultants during the off season.
    Kung FU Mike anytime, but Bobby no...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

I suspect a lot of us secretly like Bobby Lamb. Other Vermin? No.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops