TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

1. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    CCL is smart not to run the flex, as much as he likes Southern, he will eventually move on (and hopefully up) if we have decent success in his time here. If he has success running the flex he basically has 4 places to move up to as opposed 50+ if he has success running pistol or more balanced/multiple offense.
    Now that’s funny!

Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

If our offense is scoring 40+ points a game, we can run air raid, run and shoot, wishbone, whatever, but if we're going to struggle to score points anyway, might as well run the flex and make the boners happy

3. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    There is more to being a fan/alum of Georgia Southern than the football teams offensive scheme.

I like GS basketball and volleyball, too, but I wouldn’t care if we got rid of Hanner, either. Even if it is a big part of our past.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    Nope, the flex has pretty much run its course here. But given the slim chance we hired the one or two qualified flex coaches still left out there, I'm not going to eat anything. The difference between me and some of these other people is that I'll continue to support the team and whatever offense the next coach wants to run. There are people here who actually claim to withhold financial support because of a freaking offensive scheme. Absolutely unreal.
    +1 and posting on here doesn’t mean we hate Southern it means we are Frustrated and want to WIN

I really don’t mind that we have fans out there that love the flex, IMO passion for the program is a good thing. I just don’t care for individuals that say we cannot win without it (IMO that ignorance is not fair to the student-athletes and staff that give everything they have to the program), or withhold donations because of it.

Yeah, we had success with the flex, but have we really given any other scheme a fair chance to succeed, I mean, a real chance? Personality, I don’t like the flex and I think it holds us back in many ways. Somebody in another thread said one aspect they like about it is other teams have to uproot their normal planning and prepare to face that unique challenge within just one weeks time, which obviously works in our favor. IMO teams I want to see on our schedule don’t want to sign up for that unnecessary disadvantage.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    If our offense is scoring 40+ points a game, we can run air raid, run and shoot, wishbone, whatever, but if we're going to struggle to score points anyway, might as well run the flex and make the boners happy
    And that's how we used to win an awful lot of our games running the Hambone offensive scheme, Not Roger Inman. Out scoring folks. As long as the coaching staff doing the teaching and game planning didn't allow it to become too 1 dimensional, that is. But that was on the coaching staff when that happened, not the players.

5. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    I’m glad that making “the flexboners happy,” isn't a top priority for our AD.

I’m glad that making “the flexboners happy,” isn't a top priority for our AD.
    He seemingly does spend time/energy in "not making the flexboners happy," though.

7. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

The reality is Fritz is a pretty good coach who inherited a very talented team thanks to Coach Monken. He left on bad terms. You folks that hate the Flex seem to think you’re getting Fritz back. TS nor CL are WF.
    There are a lot of fans that think the flex gives us the best chance to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by PonteVedraFan View Post
    The reality is Fritz is a pretty good coach who inherited a very talented team thanks to Coach Monken. He left on bad terms. You folks that hate the Flex seem to think you’re getting Fritz back. TS nor CL are WF.
    There are a lot of fans that think the flex gives us the best chance to be successful.
    I am no where sold on fritzs offense, but I will say fritz was a great hire when we needed an experienced head coach with a history of running a program. But fritz did nothing special for us, no big wins. I dont want to hear about the almosts at tech, NC state, uga bc we had lots of almosts and 1 sec win with the flex. But fritz did give us 2 of our worst losses and didnt recruit much bc he was looking to leave immediately. I am ok with the anti flex folks but you cant praise fritz when he was here 2 years when he took a great team and did what a very experienced coach does and employed discipline. Did good for 2 years, didnt care for the future, bad hire with ts and jury is out on cl. If we measure our coaches going forward on 6-8 wins and looking like a deer in headlights but getting the paychecks when we play p5s then we are right where our AD wants us to be.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I am no where sold on fritzs offense, but I will say fritz was a great hire when we needed an experienced head coach with a history of running a program. But fritz did nothing special for us, no big wins. I dont want to hear about the almosts at tech, NC state, uga bc we had lots of almosts and 1 sec win with the flex. But fritz did give us 2 of our worst losses and didnt recruit much bc he was looking to leave immediately. I am ok with the anti flex folks but you cant praise fritz when he was here 2 years when he took a great team and did what a very experienced coach does and employed discipline. Did good for 2 years, didnt care for the future, bad hire with ts and jury is out on cl. If we measure our coaches going forward on 6-8 wins and looking like a deer in headlights but getting the paychecks when we play p5s then we are right where our AD wants us to be.
    Lol
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Fritz has one of the worst losses in Georgia Southern history. That won’t change.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low