TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 156

Thread: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

  1. #131

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    If our offense is scoring 40+ points a game, we can run air raid, run and shoot, wishbone, whatever, but if we're going to struggle to score points anyway, might as well run the flex and make the boners happy
    And that's how we used to win an awful lot of our games running the Hambone offensive scheme, Not Roger Inman. Out scoring folks. As long as the coaching staff doing the teaching and game planning didn't allow it to become too 1 dimensional, that is. But that was on the coaching staff when that happened, not the players.

  2. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    If our offense is scoring 40+ points a game, we can run air raid, run and shoot, wishbone, whatever, but if we're going to struggle to score points anyway, might as well run the flex and make the boners happy
    I’m glad that making “the flexboners happy,” isn't a top priority for our AD.

  3. #133

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I’m glad that making “the flexboners happy,” isn't a top priority for our AD.
    He seemingly does spend time/energy in "not making the flexboners happy," though.

  4. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    The reality is Fritz is a pretty good coach who inherited a very talented team thanks to Coach Monken. He left on bad terms. You folks that hate the Flex seem to think you’re getting Fritz back. TS nor CL are WF.
    There are a lot of fans that think the flex gives us the best chance to be successful.

  5. #135

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by PonteVedraFan View Post
    The reality is Fritz is a pretty good coach who inherited a very talented team thanks to Coach Monken. He left on bad terms. You folks that hate the Flex seem to think you’re getting Fritz back. TS nor CL are WF.
    There are a lot of fans that think the flex gives us the best chance to be successful.
    I am no where sold on fritzs offense, but I will say fritz was a great hire when we needed an experienced head coach with a history of running a program. But fritz did nothing special for us, no big wins. I dont want to hear about the almosts at tech, NC state, uga bc we had lots of almosts and 1 sec win with the flex. But fritz did give us 2 of our worst losses and didnt recruit much bc he was looking to leave immediately. I am ok with the anti flex folks but you cant praise fritz when he was here 2 years when he took a great team and did what a very experienced coach does and employed discipline. Did good for 2 years, didnt care for the future, bad hire with ts and jury is out on cl. If we measure our coaches going forward on 6-8 wins and looking like a deer in headlights but getting the paychecks when we play p5s then we are right where our AD wants us to be.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

  6. #136

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I am no where sold on fritzs offense, but I will say fritz was a great hire when we needed an experienced head coach with a history of running a program. But fritz did nothing special for us, no big wins. I dont want to hear about the almosts at tech, NC state, uga bc we had lots of almosts and 1 sec win with the flex. But fritz did give us 2 of our worst losses and didnt recruit much bc he was looking to leave immediately. I am ok with the anti flex folks but you cant praise fritz when he was here 2 years when he took a great team and did what a very experienced coach does and employed discipline. Did good for 2 years, didnt care for the future, bad hire with ts and jury is out on cl. If we measure our coaches going forward on 6-8 wins and looking like a deer in headlights but getting the paychecks when we play p5s then we are right where our AD wants us to be.
    Lol
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  7. #137

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    You CF haters crack me up. Yep the day Willie took the GS job he was looking to leave. And your correct, the way Willie played in that worse loss game was terrible, dropping those passes, missed that FG, he even jumped off sides on back to back plays, he just played terrible.

  8. #138

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Fritz has one of the worst losses in Georgia Southern history. That won’t change.
    Neither will him going undefeated in conference his first year. You can't hold the bathwater against him, but not give him credit for the baby.

  9. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Well...….I will tell you what he did do Garnsy!...…..he made the most bonehead call in the history of the program when he called the "wildcat" that fateful night in Athens! Everybody in the free world was looking for that play. In my opinion....we were at the peak of mountain that night. That call started a downhill slide that is still going on today.

    No use for your boy Willy.

    I pull against them every week.
    We never had a shot to win that UGA game once it got to OT, and it’s not because of one wildcat play call. IMO we lost because we couldn't catch a routine punt.

  10. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by PonteVedraFan View Post
    The reality is Fritz is a pretty good coach who inherited a very talented team thanks to Coach Monken. He left on bad terms. You folks that hate the Flex seem to think you’re getting Fritz back. TS nor CL are WF.
    There are a lot of fans that think the flex gives us the best chance to be successful.
    Yes, Fritz inherited someone else's players and did well, so did Monken, it happens every year in college football. I don’t recall reading anything that claimed we would get Fritz back, but I’ll note that the odds of finding and hiring another good non-flex HC are a lot greater than finding and hiring a good flex HC.

Similar Threads

  1. Navy vs Notre Dame - Go Navy!
    By sidslidkid in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 2nd November 2014, 12:35 PM
  2. GSU vs Navy on TV
    By DJ EAGLE in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11th September 2010, 12:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •