TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

RICH -No argument. Under center option Football is not going to win Conference Championships and Bowl games.
    Option Gun Is fine if you actually run it as opposed to the half steps we seem to be taking. RPO is better but I can’t even get you to move from under the centers butt.
    Still holding my breath for all this championships the service academies have won in modern era.

TALON- Are you talking about FBS National Championships. Sadly Navy, Airforce and Army are G5 shools. I doubt think you will see any G5 school enter the 4 team playoffs.
    You can go back and look at Navy's and Army's success when the Flex Option was instaled, but you refuse to do that because the facts would prove you wrong once again! (SAD)

Please stop your nonsense until you look things up and back them with some kind of facts!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Hey Ritch, did you ever serve in the armed forces? I doubt it the way you criticize the academies. You sound like a disgruntled High School ROTC student that couldn't make the grade because when you tried to give orders you hadn't studied & the people you tried to command new more than you did.

3. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Hey Ritch, did you ever serve in the armed forces? I doubt it the way you criticize the academies. You sound like a disgruntled High School ROTC student that couldn't make the grade because when you tried to give orders you hadn't studied & the people you tried to command new more than you did.
    ROTC at Southern, Commissioned Officer made Captain before getting out and becoming a whipping boy on blog posts from experts in option offense.

Still waiting on that list of Conference Championships...

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    ROTC at Southern, Commissioned Officer made Captain before getting out and becoming a whipping boy on blog posts from experts in option offense.

Still waiting on that list of Conference Championships...
    I’m no huge defender of the flex, even though it has been good for us. Several people have tried to point this out to you, but either you’re not getting it or just being goofy.

Army is an independent. They cannot win a conference because they are not in one. Navy was an independent until 2015. Navy is likely to go 10–2 heading to their bowl game. They won’t win their conference, so I guess you can keep typing it. However, 10-2 in the best G5 conference is pretty dang good.

Rich-ROTC at Southern, Commissioned Officer made Captain before getting out and becoming a whipping boy on blog posts from experts in option offense.
    **Still waiting on that list of Conference Championships...

If you go back and READ post 71 and others you'd figure out the answer to your * question! Navy just joined the AAC and Army is still independent.

Let me help you out Rich because you wont look up yoor own stats

Navy joined the AAC, (Thats a conference)which many be considered the toughest G5 conference by many..

2019 - ** This Year, in 2019, Navy is (8-2), averages 455 YPG, rushing 352 ypg, passing 103 YPG & 38 POINTS PER game. (OOOOps)

2015- When Navy first joined the AAC conference Navy went 11-2 and won there first AAC Conference BOWL

2o16 - Navy went 9-5 in the AAC and LOST their BOLL GAME

2017 - Navy went 7-6 & won their Bowl game.

2018- Navy had its worst season in many tears & went 3-10 with NO BOWL INVITE, but now lets back up to my 2nd & third sentence.

Rich, how often can you be wrong and still save face?
    PLEASE TAKE YOUR NONSENSE TO ALON TALK & LET ME INLIGHTEN YOU!

HOW MANY OF YOU GSU FANS WOULD LIKE TO BE INVITED TO THE AAC & DONE AS WELL AS NAVY HAS DONE????????

GIeagle -Because it works as well now as it did in 1985 as long as you have an offensive coaching staff that won't allow the scheme to become too 1 dimensional by having a "quarterback" at the quarterback position and having pass plays that the O unit will execute in live game competition.

Running backs playing quarterback make any offensive scheme too 1 dimensional. Course, if the scheme they're being asked to run is too vanilla in the pass game that's gonna be pretty 1 dimensional too and you won't beat too many good defensive teams with it. Example, September 10, 1994, Division 2 West Georgia College 15, Georgia Southern 14. Coaching jobs like that give the Hambone a bad reputation.

It'll always come down to coaching and players, TALON. Man, I sure miss seeing our O dominate defenses with the Hambone scheme, TALON. As you well know, the Hambone could be as wide open as the coaching staff would allow it to be.

TALON - How can you be so right and others be so wrong????

RICH- ROTC at Southern, Commissioned Officer made Captain before getting out and becoming a whipping boy on blog posts from experts in option offense.

My, my, I bet you really studied hard.

(1) During the Revolutionary War you would have had Washington stand his ground "IN EVERY" engagements instead of saving the Continental Army to fight another day.

(2) During the Mexican American War you would have never used Flying Artillery

(3) During WW 1 you would have our Dough Boys charge he no mans land against German Machine guns.

This is the OFFENSE you believe in. Sacrifice all for no gain. You dont understand what will really work & yet you will insist that you're right until you are beat to a pulp & even then you wouldn't admit you were wrong!

Rich- Please take it to Talon Talk. Your obtuse opinions will not work on the Flight Line.

This thread is embarrassing.