TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 163

Thread: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

  1. #71

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    North Dakota, so what..
    Good start, now keep going . . .

    *Hint* It’s hard to win a conference title when you’re not in a conference.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

  2. #72

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    In 11 years at Georgia Tech, Paul Johnson went 82-59 (.581) with only one ACC title and breaking double digit wins only twice. 6 of those 11 seasons would see 7 or less wins for the Yellow Jackets.

    Not exactly dominant.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,432

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Why is there 8 ****ing pages on two teams we don't play, and will likely not play anytime soon.


  4. #74

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Why is there 8 ****ing pages on two teams we don't play, and will likely not play anytime soon.
    Cmon now you know why? All the blood left the brains and into a flexboner.

  5. #75

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    Cmon now you know why? All the blood left the brains and into a flexboner.
    And into whatever Richrappa and his ilk are.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    4,048

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    BEST SUMMARY POSTs ON THIS THREAD or any on the subjest!



    You know what I hate? When people keep referring to that offense as "stone age", "outdated", etc.
    Why can't we accept an example of a program running that offense with success in this day and age as proof that it hasn't expired as an effective system.
    Not a formation... a system. A mind set. One that almost NEVER (outside of a penalty) leaves you 3rd and long.

    We don't HAVE to run it. But can we please stop acting like doing so would be regression in anyway.
    And can we stop using an occasional example of a bad season (like last year at Navy) with it as some sort of evidence that it isn't consistent. Look at the record for several years and realize where the outlier is. Nobody wins it all every year. Everybody has an occasional bad season. Especially at a service academy.





    And yes, we would blow the doors off of the academies in recruiting.

    If you don't want us to run it, fine. That's your opinion. You don't have to argue about. Just agree to disagree. You aren't going to change anyone's mind.
    I for one don't give a rats behind about running an offense that helps us put players in the NFL. Or trying to do what everybody else is doing, imop - that puts us at recruiting odds against not only the P5 but the rest of the G5. I know we could beat a lot of the rest of the G5 in recruiting, I'm not saying we can't. But I'd rather have the number 1 guys at running a particular system, and I know we can out recruit everybody else who is running that system.

    It's JMOP. I understand what you want. We ALL just want to win. Some of us just happen to believe in a particular system more than any other, and there is a "hellova" reason why we believe that.

    That doesn't mean we aren't on board with supporting CCL. I AM. But I don't want to run what you want to run, based on what I've gathered from your other post. Right now, I'm thankful that you are in the minority around here. But I respect your opinion, appreciate your support and honestly just glad that you at least CARE enough to post about what you think is best for the program. Man, we just have different beli
    Go Eagles! Go CCL! HAIL SOUTHERN!
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  7. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    1. North Dakota State

    2. NDSU is a run first team. Even during the Brock Jenson / Carson Wentz days they rushed twice as much as they passed. https://gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/fbstats.aspx?path=football



    "moving on" is fine, but faulty examples diminish your argument.
    No argument. Under center option Football is not going to win Conference Championships and Bowl games.

    Option Gun Is fine if you actually run it as opposed to the half steps we seem to be taking. RPO is better but I can’t even get you to move from under the centers butt.

    Still holding my breath for all this championships the service academies have won in modern era.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    4,048

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    AS Gatalack stated -Good start, now keep going . . .

    *Hint* It’s hard to win a conference title when you’re not in a conference.



    TALON
    Id be happy to do that for you. I would ask you to look up Navy,s and Army's record before PJ and Navy's current had coach and also Army's before Monken.

    As far as conference championships for either team Navy has just joined the AAC and Army is still independent

    Richrappa states-
    List the bowl game and conference championships for Army and Navy.
    FBS is about Conference Championships and Bowl Wins. Adds exposure, adding $$.
    Arguing about what worked well in FCS is ridiculous.
    South Dakota State has won 7 National Championships taking over the title. All they do is throw the football.
    Move on to Saturday.

    And then "Tailgating Fool" had to point this out to you Rich
    1. North Dakota State

    2. NDSU is a run first team. Even during the Brock Jenson / Carson Wentz days they rushed twice as much as they passed. https://gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/...?path=football
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

  9. Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    AS Gatalack stated -Good start, now keep going . . .

    *Hint* It’s hard to win a conference title when you’re not in a conference.



    TALON
    Id be happy to do that for you. I would ask you to look up Navy,s and Army's record before PJ and Navy's current had coach and also Army's before Monken.

    As far as conference championships for either team Navy has just joined the AAC and Army is still independent

    Richrappa states-
    List the bowl game and conference championships for Army and Navy.
    FBS is about Conference Championships and Bowl Wins. Adds exposure, adding $$.
    Arguing about what worked well in FCS is ridiculous.
    South Dakota State has won 7 National Championships taking over the title. All they do is throw the football.
    Move on to Saturday.

    And then "Tailgating Fool" had to point this out to you Rich
    1. North Dakota State

    2. NDSU is a run first team. Even during the Brock Jenson / Carson Wentz days they rushed twice as much as they passed. https://gobison.com/sports/2013/6/5/...?path=football
    And they are FCS which no longer interests me...

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LakeLand & Saint Simons Is.
    Posts
    4,048

    Default Re: SMU #20 vs Navy #21

    RITCH- "And they are FCS which no longer interests me... "

    Rich if you are talking about NDSU then why would you bring them up and be proven wrong?

    If you are talking Navy & Army you were wrong about those 2 teams also.

    I guess some posters just cant get it right because they refuse to back it up with facts and research. Woould you be one of those of which I speak?

    HAVE YOU PESENTED THE BOARD WITH ANY INFO ON NAVY AND ARMY BEFORE THE FLEX WAS THEIR OFFENSE - NO.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Similar Threads

  1. Navy vs Notre Dame - Go Navy!
    By sidslidkid in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 2nd November 2014, 12:35 PM
  2. GSU vs Navy on TV
    By DJ EAGLE in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11th September 2010, 12:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •