TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

1. Default Re: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

Quote Originally Posted by rainingeagle View Post
    I don't really ever get to listen to the radio show either, but I do actually enjoy it when I listen to it. The reason I'm responding to you is because I completely agree about not having journalists asking difficult questions. I got annoyed last night because Jaudon from SMN posted something critical when we came out completely flat and were getting dominated 35-10. Later on, some of the coaches started replying to it and the whole moral victory brigade came out of the woodwork.
    He calls it straight.

I can name others who are total homers, and I'm not interested.

People need to hear about the things we did right AND wrong. Travis does a good job being honest about where we got issues.

Default Re: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Hear what youíre saying. Im finished with it. If itís the best they can do with the postgame report, so be it. Just disappointing because we deserve better.
    I agree
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    He calls it straight.

I can name others who are total homers, and I'm not interested.

People need to hear about the things we did right AND wrong. Travis does a good job being honest about where we got issues.
    Except he was completely wrong. The team didnít give up and thatís where people are taking issue with his tweet calling out players.

4. Default Re: Another great postgame radio show on I-95

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    Except he was completely wrong. The team didnít give up and thatís where people are taking issue with his tweet calling out players.
    Travisí article on the Savannah morning news this morning pretty much states that he admits that he was wrong in the first half. I must admit, I went outside and finished a couple of yard chores and came back in the 3rd quarter myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Weíve got some very petty coaches that have been responding to social media stuff. Makes you really wonder
    And who would that be? I follow all of them and have seen nothing of the sort. What I have seen is them standing up for their kids, as family does. Jaudon was a jerk on this and he was completely wrong. He can backpedal now, but what was said was said.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    Except he was completely wrong. The team didn’t give up and that’s where people are taking issue with his tweet calling out players.
    Yes he was wrong and totally deserved to be called out for it.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

A longer and more in-depth postgame show would be great for people on the road and out in the tailgate lot. Problem is that it would take more than convincing one person. More time could equate to more owed to the on-air talent and engineers/board ops that produce the show. It would definitely call for more ads to be sold since broadcasts don't run on good intentions. On top of all that, the team would also have to be on board to provide more availability from Lunsford and players unless you want an extra hour of repeating stats and back-and-forth from hosts with no insight from the team.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

don't think I even knew we had a post game show. I've never listened to one.

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    don't think I even knew we had a post game show. I've never listened to one.
    Apparently it’s the very linchpin of some folk’s game day experience, if not their entire relationship to the program.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Apparently it’s the very linchpin of some folk’s game day experience, if not their entire relationship to the program.
    Yeah, I didn't know that so many people were actually paying attention to it. I listen until I get out of range when leaving home games when I can make them. But it's not like I have ever thought twice about it. I've never thought it was particularly good or bad. Just information about the game after it. Sometimes funny, sometimes not. It's just not that big of a deal. I don't get any of the "embarrassment" posts or how it really makes any difference.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive