TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 469

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

  1. #441

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Michael - '10 BS Mechanical Engineering Technology
    Statesboro by way of Thomson
    AMSOIL Independent Dealer - ZO# 1953271

  2. #442

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    This team is not progressing at this point overall, it is mediocre Sun Belt football. The offense is ok and good to see Debesse trying new things but this defense is the worst I think I have witnessed in over 20 years of watching GS football. 8 games giving up over 30? Is this the worst defense in our history or was it 2017? Either way it is crazy bad. We all know the same defense is coming back next year along with the DC. It appears most teams have figured it out. I like Chad as much as anyone I just dont see this staff taking us to the next level especially with low level recruiting. Slogans ring hollow without winning.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  3. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Far too many games this year we have come out and played awful defense in the first half and fallen way behind

  4. #444

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    This team is not progressing at this point overall, it is mediocre Sun Belt football. The offense is ok and good to see Debesse trying new things but this defense is the worst I think I have witnessed in over 20 years of watching GS football. 8 games giving up over 30? Is this the worst defense in our history or was it 2017? Either way it is crazy bad. We all know the same defense is coming back next year along with the DC. It appears most teams have figured it out. I like Chad as much as anyone I just dont see this staff taking us to the next level especially with low level recruiting. Slogans ring hollow without winning.
    Funny thing, you didn’t say that after last weeks game. Jonesboro is always a tough W and then look at our injuries. Losing Byrd was huge, no JDK and a make shift OL made for an ever tougher climb. Yet climb they did. D gives up 3 points in the second half. Nobody is happy with the first half but look at the competitiveness in our team. I’m a proud alum because our kids get down but don’t quit.

  5. #445

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    This team is not progressing at this point overall, it is mediocre Sun Belt football. The offense is ok and good to see Debesse trying new things but this defense is the worst I think I have witnessed in over 20 years of watching GS football. 8 games giving up over 30? Is this the worst defense in our history or was it 2017? Either way it is crazy bad. We all know the same defense is coming back next year along with the DC. It appears most teams have figured it out. I like Chad as much as anyone I just dont see this staff taking us to the next level especially with low level recruiting. Slogans ring hollow without winning.
    This is the Sun Belt Conference—teams score points.

  6. #446

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Just for perspective, Willie Fritz won 17 games in his two regular seasons. Lunsford could very well win 16, and that's with significantly more roster issues and a tougher schedule.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  7. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    We have been very inconsistent on offense this year as well but let s be honest— when we can t force hardly any punts it is pretty hard to win

  8. #448

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Funny thing, you didn’t say that after last weeks game. Jonesboro is always a tough W and then look at our injuries. Losing Byrd was huge, no JDK and a make shift OL made for an ever tougher climb. Yet climb they did. D gives up 3 points in the second half. Nobody is happy with the first half but look at the competitiveness in our team. I’m a proud alum because our kids get down but don’t quit.
    Beating ULM is not progressing either it should just be a given to beat them. 6-5 in real life 11-0 in moral victories. 6-5 and having one of the worst defenses in college football is the new acceptable at GS as long as we like the coach I guess.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  9. #449

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Just for perspective, Willie Fritz won 17 games in his two regular seasons. Lunsford could very well win 16, and that's with significantly more roster issues and a tougher schedule.
    18 for Willie and were clearly playing at higher level one both sides of the ball on top of better recruiting than what we currently have on top of actually winning the conference. 5 of 7 Willies losses were to P5's and a AAC team. I would imagine we would have crushed our bowl opponent as well if allowed in 2014. Last years schedule was probably as easy as it gets we only beat three teams with winning records.

    I'll say it again I want Chad to win and succeed as much as anyone in the GS nation but my gut says he is not it. Hope I am dead wrong.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  10. #450

    Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    This is the Sun Belt Conference—teams score points.
    That is crap deflection at its finest. Willie only gave up 30+ four times to Sun Belt teams and won two of them. Excuses
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Similar Threads

  1. [GAME THREAD] Football vs. ULM (November 16 - 3:00:00 PM)
    By GameThreadBot in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 19th November 2019, 03:13 PM
  2. [GAME THREAD] Football at Troy (November 9 - 3:30:00 PM)
    By GameThreadBot in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 464
    Last Post: 10th November 2019, 12:13 AM
  3. [GAME THREAD] Baseball vs. Arkansas State (May 10 - May 12)
    By GameThreadBot in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 13th May 2019, 07:26 AM
  4. Georgia Southern v. Arkansas State 2018 Game Thread
    By southern edumacation in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 359
    Last Post: 3rd October 2018, 08:51 AM
  5. GS vs. Arkansas State Game Thread - 10/5/2016
    By eaglemark in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1052
    Last Post: 6th October 2016, 07:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •