TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 40414243 LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

1. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

We have been very inconsistent on offense this year as well but let s be honest— when we can t force hardly any punts it is pretty hard to win

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    18 for Willie and were clearly playing at higher level one both sides of the ball on top of better recruiting than what we currently have on top of actually winning the conference. 5 of 7 Willies losses were to P5's and a AAC team. I would imagine we would have crushed our bowl opponent as well if allowed in 2014. Last years schedule was probably as easy as it gets we only beat three teams with winning records.

I'll say it again I want Chad to win and succeed as much as anyone in the GS nation but my gut says he is not it. Hope I am dead wrong.
    Lunsford has faced 3 top 10 teams and two ranked App teams. And the conference overall has been much better.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Arkie State had FAR more injuries heading into the game than we did.
    No they didn't. Stop repeating untrue things.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I would be much more worried if safety and offensive line weren’t our biggest issues since we all knew they were coming into the season. I think Jeva’n Singletary playing so much at safety tells you all you need to know about where we are there. Today didn’t look like Troy when we didn’t have guys anywhere close to the ball. Our safeties just looked like a designated hitter trying to catch a hooking fly ball in center field. We are just bad at that position. I don’t normally say things like this, but we might have the worst offensive line in all of the FBS. They just whiff constantly.

When you are weak at safety in a pass happy league and offensive line anytime, you’re going to struggle. Add everything else this team has gone through on top of that and you will struggle more. Thankfully we don’t get a lot of stupid penalties and we don’t turn the ball over. Once we can get our depth built back up we will be alright.

I’ll take any win we can get. Unfortunately, App is the only FBS team we have beaten with a winning record.

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    Despite all the poor play and mistakes we are gonna lose by single digits. It won’t take much improvement to win this league. Someone tell me again why the gun is advantageous to us?
    I have no idea why the gun is advantageous for a team that runs the ball 80% of the time with an ineffective passing game. We need to rethink this and our defensive schemes in the off season. We are average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It's been said MANY times on various sites that Ark State has been killed by injuries this year.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I have no idea why the gun is advantageous for a team that runs the ball 80% of the time with an ineffective passing game. We need to rethink this and our defensive schemes in the off season. We are average at best.
    We have gone under center plenty this year and it looks ugly almost every time.

9. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football at Arkansas State (November 23 - 3:00:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Southern 7 out
    Ark State 6 out

Can’t be the excuse.

What was the deal with King?

Sorry if this has been discussed.