TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mercer

1. Default Re: Mercer

Impressive game for the Eagles especially considering the slow start. This team has potential as this was a second win over a good team. Mercer can play and has some shooters. My man tonight was Ike. Looked to be a stronger version of his Soph year. Man he has some sweet shots and very strong hands on the drive. Hit a big 3 when UM started to get closer but his shots around the rim were really good. Cal put on an assist show and that move in the lane for the score was special. Looking forward to the rest of the season. I thought the defensive change in the second half was a great coaching move and allowed us to shut the big man down. How about out rebounded Mercer in the second half. That is big news!

Default Re: Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    We should have had Dick Vitale in the house for all of the showtime moments in this one. There were so many I lost count. I'm not sure what Mercer was doing with that press at the end but instead of having mercy, we should have dunked all over them again to hit the century mark.

McCadden had the hot hand tonight. He kept us in it early when we were struggling, and Mercer never could adjust to stop him.

Great job of doubling and frustrating their big man when they started feeding him in the 2nd half.
    +1, McCadden 7-12 from 3, now that's how you shoot 3's. Our 2 point guards combined for 13 assists. Carter thank God played physical and looked like a power forward, Ike played solid, Quan just flat out messes with people on defense. Another slow start which is a concen but man, when we turn up the intensity we can play. And your right lots of "showtime" moments. Good competitive OOC game.

It's always fun to get home from the games and read page 1of these things.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Where's eski-Joe? Comes into the room, lays down a pile and a prediction as usual, then when his wet dreams don't come with the happy ending it's back to the shadows. I wanna party with that guy...he's got to be a load of fun to be around on a full-time basis.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Iím beginning to buy into this team. They just look to be on a different level right now. They went on a run last night when they completely imposed their will on Mercer. Wishart and Carter seem to have chemistry that is going to be fun to watch.

That move where Wishart drove to the basket and scored was crazy! Hanner erupted!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

7. Default Re: Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I’m beginning to buy into this team. They just look to be on a different level right now. They went on a run last night when they completely imposed their will on Mercer. Wishart and Carter seem to have chemistry that is going to be fun to watch.
    +1

At full strength they can be disruptive in conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    That move where Wishart drove to the basket and scored was crazy! Hanner erupted!
    The behind the back alley-oop was pretty impressive too.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I’m beginning to buy into this team. They just look to be on a different level right now. They went on a run last night when they completely imposed their will on Mercer. Wishart and Carter seem to have chemistry that is going to be fun to watch.
    If nothing else I feel a lot better about playing teams whose strategy on defense is try to keep us from getting within 8 feet of the basket.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Go team.
    "Officially" designated as the GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.