TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ole Miss in 2024

Default Re: Ole Miss in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Gag State plays in Atlanta and its it's a week long recruiting trip for the other teams. Fax. Not to mention for some fan bases they will bring more fans than we do.

Can't wait for my 3rd trip to the Grove.
    What the hell are you babbling about? A week long recruiting trip? The team is in an away city for no more than 36 hours. Let’s cut the ridiculous excuses.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    What the hell are you babbling about? A week long recruiting trip? The team is in an away city for no more than 36 hours. Let’s cut the ridiculous excuses.
    I don't know what he meant by week-long, but there are many Power 5 teams that will only play at G5s in major recruiting hubs. Georgia Tech and Vanderbilt are examples of these that are near us. You'll never see either of them playing at App or Troy or Statesboro.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Do you think recruiting coordinators wouldn't spend an extra day or two in Atlanta? Bless your heart.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Do you think recruiting coordinators wouldn't spend an extra day or two in Atlanta? Bless your heart.
    I do know that coaches go out to highschool games in or near whatever city they are in.

FWIW, four of the P5 conferences (all except PAC-12 I think) have a P5 scheduling requirement. Each conference has different guidelines but BYU and Notre Dame are the only two teams accepted by all four as fulfilling the requirement. So, there's that. Maybe consider it a p5 home game instead of a P5.