TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Default Re: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I believe I have one on my Twitter account ... and know that the Herald ran one of my photos from that game.
    https://twitter.com/gsufans/status/5...137088/photo/1
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

2. Default Re: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    This, closely followed by the 2002 WKU game.

Proportionally speaking that 2002 WKU noise per 'capita' sound would be insane if replicated across 18K or greater. That 2002 WKU game was close to approaching the noise level in the Fargo Dome.

I was on the field for both games, and the others mentioned in the thread were definitely loud but those games in 1989 and 2002 were in another stratosphere.
    You are right about that Western Kentucky game. I had forgotten about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    You are right about that Western Kentucky game. I had forgotten about it.
    +1, that's what I posted and seriously I don't know why, I'm thinking something atmospheric that produced the noise sounding much louder than normal but Paulson was rocking that day.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveEAGLE24 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would like to share what they feel was the loudest they can recall the Paulson Stadium crowd getting in person. For me it was the 1999 “revenge game” in the semifinals against U-Mass. I was a kid. My parents (GS alums) took me to Southern games growing up, including the 1998 freezing monsoon NC game in Chattanooga. We all remember that outcome. Naturally they took me to the rematch the next year. I vaguely remember U-Mass driving down the field at the end of the game and GS intercepting the ball to put the game on ice. That, to me was the loudest I ever heard Paulson. Had we have had a decimal reader then, I’m positive it would’ve reached SEC levels (smile)
    1989 NC game
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, that's what I posted and seriously I don't know why, I'm thinking something atmospheric that produced the noise sounding much louder than normal but Paulson was rocking that day.
    I dunno. I do know that the per capita emotion was off the charts.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Maybe it was the noise being amplified off the empty seats.

7. Default Re: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    When Jermaine scored those of us that were still there went bonkers. That was the loudest I heard Paulson. For whatever reason the people on my row left early and there was no one around me. I ran over and hugged one of the security guards I was so excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsuwinsudont View Post
    Maybe it was the noise being amplified off the empty seats.
    Could be. I’ve never seen the level of euphoria that ensued when JA broke off the go-ahead TD run, though.

The game was so good that while I was disappointed at the outcome, I left feeling that we had given it out best shot.

It was the opposite of how I felt the year before.

It was COLD, too.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Also, I was amazed at how loud we were for the number of people in the stands against UTC in 2013. At one point, the ref came over the PA and said the band would have to stop playing when UTC was in formation because their coach complained (even though their band was guilty of it against us). Well the crowd got MAD about that and got even louder than the band. They ended up taking a timeout after that because of the noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I forgot about the safety against App in 2008. That was pretty loud.

I remember that 2013 UTC game, too. If ever there was a game where crowd noise won a game for us, it was there. UTC's offense was out of sorts for the rest of that game - several false starts and delay of game penalties and I think a snap the QB wasn't ready for as well.
    This is the one that stands out to me. I still remember the exact moment they told our band to stop playing...that place erupted, and didn't stop until the end of the game. It was awesome.

Alex Mash interception in the National Championship game is the loudest I have ever heard Paulson in person on one event. The loudest for the entire game was the Appy game in our first season in FBS.