TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Default Re: “Loudest” Paulson memory

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Last 5 minutes of the 1989 nat'l championship games vs Stephen F Austin.
    This, closely followed by the 2002 WKU game.

Proportionally speaking that 2002 WKU noise per 'capita' sound would be insane if replicated across 18K or greater. That 2002 WKU game was close to approaching the noise level in the Fargo Dome.

I was on the field for both games, and the others mentioned in the thread were definitely loud but those games in 1989 and 2002 were in another stratosphere.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    Is that a joke? Troy was an incredibly impressive in game atmosphere, the second best in the conference besides Louisiana Lafayette. We have to get better.
    I concur.

I know eaglewraith and a couple of other folks who subscribe to Troy's game day atmosphere being horrid, but at least in terms of how they operate their videoboard and integrate it with everything else they do it very well. They run the game feed during the play, then they quickly get replay up and even more importantly don't cover it up with goofed up graphics. I am tired of wanting to see the replay and have to see that slow, cruddy 'wipe' graphic pull across the screen (masking the play) for 50% of the time the replay is going. It is bad because your eye is drawn to the wiping action and away from the content.

The part I do agree with is that Troy's band has been marginalized playing less, I guess in 'favor' of getting sponsor content up on their board. But at least they do present it well, in my opinion.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I'll throw one out there...

I want to say it was 2002 we were playing at Furman.

Southern fans about filled up the away stands.

I was on the field performing in the bands pre-game show. We did a 4 count and the band turned as one to face the Southern side while kicking off the fight song.

I was hit with a wall of sound of the Southern fans going wild as we played the fight song and marched off the field. Still remember that to this day.

Oh yeah, and their knight fell of his horse.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    I'll throw one out there...

I want to say it was 2002 we were playing at Furman.

Southern fans about filled up the away stands.

I was on the field performing in the bands pre-game show. We did a 4 count and the band turned as one to face the Southern side while kicking off the fight song.

I was hit with a wall of sound of the Southern fans going wild as we played the fight song and marched off the field. Still remember that to this day.

Oh yeah, and their knight fell of his horse.
    That was a fun day. Zero way Furman was going to win that game. They knew the check from 2001 was getting cashed that day.

I'd suspect the only regular season away-game crowd where we had a louder contingent would have been 2014 @ Georgia State in the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    That was a fun day. Zero way Furman was going to win that game. They knew the check from 2001 was getting cashed that day.

I'd suspect the only regular season away-game crowd where we had a louder contingent would have been 2014 @ Georgia State in the Dome.
    Wish I could find the picture TK tweeted from his old account that should the entire side of the lower bowl completely filled with Southern fans in white

2010 @ Wofford playoff game was pretty on point too

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I concur.

I know eaglewraith and a couple of other folks who subscribe to Troy's game day atmosphere being horrid, but at least in terms of how they operate their videoboard and integrate it with everything else they do it very well. They run the game feed during the play, then they quickly get replay up and even more importantly don't cover it up with goofed up graphics. I am tired of wanting to see the replay and have to see that slow, cruddy 'wipe' graphic pull across the screen (masking the play) for 50% of the time the replay is going. It is bad because your eye is drawn to the wiping action and away from the content.

The part I do agree with is that Troy's band has been marginalized playing less, I guess in 'favor' of getting sponsor content up on their board. But at least they do present it well, in my opinion.
    This contributes to environment, which is what was being commented on. Ads/music were piped in more than they are in Paulson, and it seemed like the "good" parts of their gameday experience were being squashed. So yes, Troy's gameday experience is worse than ours now, in my opinion.

I do agree that we could be using our board better. The graphic showed prior to replays is too much, as it never finishes being displayed prior to the replay actually starting. If anything it needs to be displayed at the end of the replay instead of the beginning. It's extremely distracting and was last year as well.

However, Troy doesn't have Hair Guitar so I guess they win.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    2010 was the takeover.

However the 2011 environment was pretty legit too, especially since we won the conference championship that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Eagle View Post
    Definitely, but I purposely said regular season game because our road crowds during the playoff runs @ Wofford, @ Nooga were very loud !

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Wish I could find the picture TK tweeted from his old account that should the entire side of the lower bowl completely filled with Southern fans in white
    I believe I have one on my Twitter account ... and know that the Herald ran one of my photos from that game.