TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't figure Georgia State out

Default Re: Can't figure Georgia State out

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    So beaten two teams with winning record one of which is FCS. Tennessee is still Tennessee no matter how bad they are this season and should have won handily. I'll give them props for that.
    We have only beaten 2 teams with winning records as well and 1 of those is a fcs team. Was our win our app better than theirs over Tennessee? I would say yes in terms of beating a ranked team but not for bragging rights beating a sec team. We seem pretty identical so far this year with them.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    We have only beaten 2 teams with winning records as well and 1 of those is a fcs team. Was our win our app better than theirs over Tennessee? I would say yes in terms of beating a ranked team but not for bragging rights beating a sec team. We seem pretty identical so far this year with them.
    Identical?

Which team has played 3 CFP Top 25 teams? Which team has played ULL and App?

GaSt has benefited from a great schedule and now has a chance to end with a 6-7 record after hobbling to a bowl game.
    Last edited by TheEagleWay; 18th November 2019 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post
    Identical?

Which team has played 3 CFP Top 25 teams? Which team has played ULL and App?

GaSt has benefited from a great schedule and now has a chance to end with a 6-7 record after hobbling to a bowl game.
    Yep identical. 8 point win over a fcs team at home at double ot against a 1-9 team. I say identical bc you dont know what you will get from either team.
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Yep identical. 8 point win over a fcs team at home at double ot against a 1-9 team. I say identical bc you dont know what you will get from either team.
    Now that I agree with. But like I said before, just from a match up stand point this game doesn't worry me much, add in Ellington's injury and I'm quite confident.

5. Default Re: Can't figure Georgia State out

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Now that I agree with. But like I said before, just from a match up stand point this game doesn't worry me much, add in Ellington's injury and I'm quite confident.
    I think they are lying about his ACL.

I can't imagine anyone playing his position with that kind of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

He's injured.

He has nothing left after this though. He's not going pro. It's his decision. Honestly kudos to him laying it on the line in a really important game for them. If he plays against us he honestly deserves a round of applause when he comes out because that's pure will and drive to do that.

Deshaun Watson played on a torn ACL as well. It's not unheard of.

7. Default Re: Can't figure Georgia State out

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    He's injured.

He has nothing left after this though. He's not going pro. It's his decision. Honestly kudos to him laying it on the line in a really important game for them. If he plays against us he honestly deserves a round of applause when he comes out because that's pure will and drive to do that.

Deshaun Watson played on a torn ACL as well. It's not unheard of.
    I guess.

I didn't realize he was a senior.

I'm sure he is a great guy. I guess it is his call......

Ligaments don't have nerves, so yes you can tear one and it not hurt. Doesn't mean other folks don't feel pain as there can be collateral damage to the knee that causes swelling and pain (not meaning the collateral medial ligament )

I partially tore my right MCL when I used to climb towers in the military, and only found out because of the swelling. It never hurt, but was hard to rotate inward. I was certainly mobile. One can play with a torn/ruptured ACL, as you won't hurt yourself further although you lose stability that might make you prone to keeping the rest of the knee intact and you also limit your mobility laterally.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

Not talking about a QB, but didn’t you watch the ‘89 NC game?
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Not talking about a QB, but didn’t you watch the ‘89 NC game?
    Yup. Joe Ross.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose