TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

  1. #31

    Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I understand your point, but I have been thankful for the daylight (not sunlight) games considering the weather we had. It was wet/cold enough without the potential 5-10 degree drop that darkness would have brought. I miss the darkness-aided Journey cell phone dance, but my body was wet/cold enough during ULM.
    Not only that, but for CCU aka Nestor Bowl, the lightning started around 7, so we would've been SOL if it was a late kickoff.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,986

    Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    we don't have to like it, but IMO there is a method to the madness of why they do the early season games at night and the later season games during the day. It's easy for us as fans to say make them all night games because they are better attended. But then you have other fans that will be alienated that can't make night games or that are traveling and have to stay overnight if they are night games. I think the administration sees making them half at night and half earlier as a compromise for that part of the fan base. As others have said it's also based on weather and makes the later games potentially not as cold.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  3. #33

    Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    we don't have to like it, but IMO there is a method to the madness of why they do the early season games at night and the later season games during the day. It's easy for us as fans to say make them all night games because they are better attended. But then you have other fans that will be alienated that can't make night games or that are traveling and have to stay overnight if they are night games. I think the administration sees making them half at night and half earlier as a compromise for that part of the fan base. As others have said it's also based on weather and makes the later games potentially not as cold.
    This.
    I moved to NC last year, and I now see why it's so tough to get the casual fans to make the trek.

    It definitely adds up. Luckily I'm from Savannah & have someone I can stay with in Statesboro, but that cost would definitely add up for others.

    I also typically work Sunday mornings, so with a 1 or 3 kickoff, I don't have to take Sunday off, but with Night games I do.

    Thankfully I have very understanding bosses who are willing to support my passion, but not everyone does.

  4. #34

    Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    we don't have to like it, but IMO there is a method to the madness of why they do the early season games at night and the later season games during the day. It's easy for us as fans to say make them all night games because they are better attended. But then you have other fans that will be alienated that can't make night games or that are traveling and have to stay overnight if they are night games. I think the administration sees making them half at night and half earlier as a compromise for that part of the fan base. As others have said it's also based on weather and makes the later games potentially not as cold.
    I agree. I am all for splitting them half and half. But we only had 2 this year. We need 3 night games, at minimum, per season.

  5. #35

    Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I know what it says. But, our last few home games have been early afternoon games. Which is inexplicable
    What start time do most of the games have in which you attend?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  6. #36

    Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    I agree. I am all for splitting them half and half. But we only had 2 this year. We need 3 night games, at minimum, per season.
    That is because our weekday games were on the road. Had they been at home we would have had more night games.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

  7. Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Not only that, but for CCU aka Nestor Bowl, the lightning started around 7, so we would've been SOL if it was a late kickoff.
    That would have been bad.

    But it’s usually better to be lucky than good.

    I remember all that lightning as I was driving home on I -16. We got sooooooo lucky.

    Probably even an hour later and the game would have been stopped

  8. #38

    Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    I saw the ticket office is making tickets 40% off for this game. I hope it works because as of right now it doesn’t look good for attendance. I know it’s the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I would hate for the stadium to be empty after all the grief we’ve given Ga State fans over the years.

  9. Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I saw the ticket office is making tickets 40% off for this game. I hope it works because as of right now it doesn’t look good for attendance. I know it’s the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I would hate for the stadium to be empty after all the grief we’ve given Ga State fans over the years.
    We are coming.

    No matter what happens, I still think we will outnumber state by at least 30 fold

  10. #40

    Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I saw the ticket office is making tickets 40% off for this game. I hope it works because as of right now it doesn’t look good for attendance. I know it’s the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I would hate for the stadium to be empty after all the grief we’ve given Ga State fans over the years.
    I'd like to see some sort of a promo for the home side, as it currently looks like that is only for the deck which is turning some people off despite the fact that I've heard it's not a bad view

Similar Threads

  1. GaState game ticket scam
    By 01Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 27th October 2014, 12:40 PM
  2. SBC Expansion put on hold...
    By ForgottenEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 24th October 2014, 09:22 PM
  3. Kick off time for GaState game ?
    By CJEaglefan in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 13th October 2014, 07:58 PM
  4. Now hold on just a minute...
    By southern edumacation in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29th July 2012, 05:15 PM
  5. GSU Youtube Playoff Game Highlights to hold you over
    By Joseph in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27th November 2010, 01:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •