TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    It literally says in the press release that if we are not chosen for the national broadcast, which would meant he could set the time at any time we wanted, the game would be at 6:00pm to give students time to get back from being home for thanksgiving.
    I know what it says. But, our last few home games have been early afternoon games. Which is inexplicable
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I know what it says. But, our last few home games have been early afternoon games. Which is inexplicable
    I understand your point, but I have been thankful for the daylight (not sunlight) games considering the weather we had. It was wet/cold enough without the potential 5-10 degree drop that darkness would have brought. I miss the darkness-aided Journey cell phone dance, but my body was wet/cold enough during ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by tailgating fool View Post
    I understand your point, but I have been thankful for the daylight (not sunlight) games considering the weather we had. It was wet/cold enough without the potential 5-10 degree drop that darkness would have brought. I miss the darkness-aided Journey cell phone dance, but my body was wet/cold enough during ULM.
    Not only that, but for CCU aka Nestor Bowl, the lightning started around 7, so we would've been SOL if it was a late kickoff.

we don't have to like it, but IMO there is a method to the madness of why they do the early season games at night and the later season games during the day. It's easy for us as fans to say make them all night games because they are better attended. But then you have other fans that will be alienated that can't make night games or that are traveling and have to stay overnight if they are night games. I think the administration sees making them half at night and half earlier as a compromise for that part of the fan base. As others have said it's also based on weather and makes the later games potentially not as cold.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    we don't have to like it, but IMO there is a method to the madness of why they do the early season games at night and the later season games during the day. It's easy for us as fans to say make them all night games because they are better attended. But then you have other fans that will be alienated that can't make night games or that are traveling and have to stay overnight if they are night games. I think the administration sees making them half at night and half earlier as a compromise for that part of the fan base. As others have said it's also based on weather and makes the later games potentially not as cold.
    This.
    I moved to NC last year, and I now see why it's so tough to get the casual fans to make the trek.

It definitely adds up. Luckily I'm from Savannah & have someone I can stay with in Statesboro, but that cost would definitely add up for others.

I also typically work Sunday mornings, so with a 1 or 3 kickoff, I don't have to take Sunday off, but with Night games I do.

Thankfully I have very understanding bosses who are willing to support my passion, but not everyone does.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I agree. I am all for splitting them half and half. But we only had 2 this year. We need 3 night games, at minimum, per season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    What start time do most of the games have in which you attend?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    I agree. I am all for splitting them half and half. But we only had 2 this year. We need 3 night games, at minimum, per season.
    That is because our weekday games were on the road. Had they been at home we would have had more night games.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

9. Default Re: ESPN exercises 6 day hold for GaState game

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Not only that, but for CCU aka Nestor Bowl, the lightning started around 7, so we would've been SOL if it was a late kickoff.
    That would have been bad.

But it’s usually better to be lucky than good.

I remember all that lightning as I was driving home on I -16. We got sooooooo lucky.

Probably even an hour later and the game would have been stopped

I saw the ticket office is making tickets 40% off for this game. I hope it works because as of right now it doesn’t look good for attendance. I know it’s the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but I would hate for the stadium to be empty after all the grief we’ve given Ga State fans over the years.