TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Officiating Crew?

Default Re: Officiating Crew?

They whistled the play dead because a Furman defender was in the backfield. How is that not a penalty?

And this was on the game-ending FG attempt after a long day of horrible calls that all seemed to go Furman's way.
    Last edited by pete4256; 19th November 2019 at 03:31 PM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Previously, defensive players could leap or hurdle offensive linemen if they didn’t land on another player.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...k-kicks-banned

At the worst it's offsides/encroachment since the ball was NEVER snapped.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Previously, defensive players could leap or hurdle offensive linemen if they didn’t land on another player.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...k-kicks-banned

At the worst it's offsides/encroachment since the ball was NEVER snapped.
    But at that time, didn't the refs whistle the play dead and call offsides when a defender had unimpeded progress to the backfield?

That's what they should have called. The fact they whistled the play dead is all we need to know that a penalty flag was warranted.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    a lot more people see them.... Families of recruits,
    Im glad to see your concern for things that families of recruits could see. If they’re fans of Alex Jones, then I’m sure they’re impressed.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    We really need more of that.

Perhaps someone who is good at video editing could put together a compilation..... This season has seen some really bad stuff....

Some nice, short clips of missed calls (that targeting on shai would have been a good example,). That was dangerous.

Throw that up on Twitter, FB, whatever.

A lot of organizations are very frightened about social media storms. Perhaps it's time to see how the SB reacts to getting called out.

I guess there are reasons our staff doesn't want to rock the boat, but that wouldn't stop some folks from shaming these buttholes.

I think a properly done campaign on this stuff would have a huge effect. None of these officials are doing that kind of work as their primary job..... Potential employers hire social media search companies. When one of these guys gets tagged as being a problem official, might make for some interesting interview fodder. When these guys start to see consequences, we will start to see fair work.

Many casual fans don't even know this stuff is happening. It's a problem. I understand how bad it was at times in the SoCon, but I think it's more impactful now. Our games are broadcast nationally, a lot more people see them.... Families of recruits, potential sponsors, etc.... Many of them don't know enough to see what's going on... They only see the result of the game and overlook the crap officiating which sometimes swings a game (GT, NC State, UGA being good examples.). "Inadvertent whistle?" WTF is that? In real life??

People say "missed" or "mistaken" in terms of the officiating we are seeing. Very little of this stuff is accidental. We know it, and the stripe crew does too.
    I know this is a bold statement, but this is the most insane thing you have ever posted.

6. Default Re: Officiating Crew?

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post

They whistled the play dead because a Furman defender was in the backfield. How is that not a penalty?

And this was on the game-ending FG attempt after a long day of horrible calls that all seemed to go Furman's way.
    Honest to God.....

That is the worst "no call" I have ever seen in college football.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    But at that time, didn't the refs whistle the play dead and call offsides when a defender had unimpeded progress to the backfield?

That's what they should have called. The fact they whistled the play dead is all we need to know that a penalty flag was warranted.
    Welcome to the incompetent SoCon refs.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Welcome to the incompetent SoCon refs.
    Yeah, they were bad. I still think there was anti-GS bias in the Socon, though.

It wasn’t a conspiracy, though. I just think it unconsciously (maybe) influenced things like officiating and postseason awards.
    Thanks, Rastabot!

Y'all dumb.
    "Officially" designated as the GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    Y'all dumb.
    Socon refs didn’t stink?
    Thanks, Rastabot!