TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Letís Talk Bowls

1. Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    People are just being honest.

Many folks don't have the coin laying around to cover those logistics.

A bowl is a good thing, but IDK how the sunbelt got that bowl tie in.
    Unless you think not playing in a bowl at all is better than playing in the Arizona bowl, then I have absolutely no idea why you would tweet at a bowl game and tell them ďhey I hope my team doesnít have to play in your bowl. No one wants to travel to Tucson.Ē Really bad look. Imagine if our team got passed over for a bowl this year because our fans were telling that bowl we didnít want to go there.

Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

I'm not sure the marketing/PR running the bowl social media account has any input into who gets invited. Does the bowl committee see them? Yes.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

That’s a great idea!

We used to play UCF all the time.

Our record vs them is actually very good
    GSC 10 UCF 1
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.
    If I want your opinion & don't like it I'll tell you what it should be.

[QUOTE=jcountry;995872]That’s a great idea!

We used to play UCF all the time.

Our record vs them is actually very good [/QUOTE

Those to teams be would be great.

Both games would be against teams that GSU has beaten. UCF 10-1 & USF 2-0.

UCF has a nice stadium and USF has a great stadium. Atlanta GSU fans can get to USF & UCF by I- 75 & the Statesboro area can use I-95.
    The T-Option is the powerful ground game ever devised & the FLEX is the best way to run it.

Yessir.

I would MUCH rather see us reignite a true old school rivalry between proximate real foes vs whatever this garbage is between us and Ga State.
    Both UCF & USF are AAC teams and would be OOC games.

I like to think of G-State as GARBAGE, but until we take the lead and put them in their place they will be rivals.

I would rather us never have to play those jerks again.

From them voting against us being in the conference, to the continual cheating on attendance and games they play (like the ticket deal they ran EXCEPT for GS fans,) they have proven what kind of absolute trash runs their program..
    I wont repeat all the crappy things they said about GSU when they first entered FCS & then FBS. 99 percent of the trash talk on PantherTalk was crazy., If you want a synopsis PM me.

Still I say, unless GSU can shut their mouths on the field GSU will be in a bad place.

Beating G-State is an obsession with me. Although it makes no sense I'd rather lose to any other SBC team, except Appy

Jcountry actually hit the nail on the head about Gag State. " They aren't a rival so much as they are an enemy."

ohio and niu should both end up 6-6.

I would rather us never have to play those jerks again.

From them voting against us being in the conference, to the continual cheating on attendance and games they play (like the ticket deal they ran EXCEPT for GS fans,) they have proven what kind of absolute trash runs their program.

UCF and APP, ETSU, Troy, and Marshall are the sorts of rivalries we need to encourage and re-develop. I think there is enough respect for each other to be able to have healthy rivalries without so much anger. Gag just pisses me off. They aren't a rival so much as they are an enemy. They hate us, we hate them worse. There's no fun in it, no respect at all.

TK starting that idiotic trophy shows how clueless he is sometimes. He very much misunderstands our relationship.
    ETSU?

We want to re-develop a rivalry with ETSU?

I mean, I remember playing them back in the day and then them dropping football etc. I know they brought it back but did you mean to list East Tenn. State here?
    If we wanted to focus on FCS programs, I'd think Furman would be number 1 on that list. But not sure we want to include FCS teams on such a list.

The Arizona Bowl could be really cool with tie ins to the Mountain West. Might even help us get some H/H on the schedule with that conference.
    ANY bowl gets us the extra time to practice and prepare/get experience for next year. So please shut down anyone you see disparaging the Arizona Bowl on social media.

I understand most of our fans won't be able to travel out there, I think they understand that. It isn't like that bowl is going to push for us so hard that we aren't invited elsewhere.
    At that point it would probably be them or nothing. Some Eagle faithful who have the means and time will make that journey if we go there. But it sure beats sitting home for our team.

If we don't get New Orleans, I'm hoping for the Cure Bowl. I understand the Ark State thing, but I'm still hoping. I know the two are not related, but I'm very concerned about the Red Wolves this weekend. They are going to be tough to get by.

10. Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglerado View Post

The Arizona Bowl could be really cool with tie ins to the Mountain West. Might even help us get some H/H on the schedule with that conference.
    ANY bowl gets us the extra time to practice and prepare/get experience for next year. So please shut down anyone you see disparaging the Arizona Bowl on social media.

I understand most of our fans won't be able to travel out there, I think they understand that. It isn't like that bowl is going to push for us so hard that we aren't invited elsewhere.
    At that point it would probably be them or nothing. Some Eagle faithful who have the means and time will make that journey if we go there. But it sure beats sitting home for our team.

If we don't get New Orleans, I'm hoping for the Cure Bowl. I understand the Ark State thing, but I'm still hoping. I know the two are not related, but I'm very concerned about the Red Wolves this weekend. They are going to be tough to get by.
    +1

My thoughts exactly. I understand the convenience (and importance) of having an invite to a closer bowl location, but personally I like the Arizona and Orlando bowls best due to the potential opponent and the fact that we have not experienced those bowls, yet.

The thought of playing a mid-tier MAC program in Alabama is just, blah. We may never get the opportunity to play a Hawai'i or a San Jose State in Arizona again, but we will likely flirt with going to the Alabama bowls every year.

I think having that Arizona Bowl Champions "flag" in Paulson would be a great addition to our collection. Nonetheless, either way, I'll be there.