TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Letís Talk Bowls

Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    sort of off the subject but I would love a home and home with Reno. Good storyline from fcs days and great place to spend a number of days.
    I would like a home and home against UCF or USF
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

The FCS title game is now in January. Is it more prestigious because it's later in the year?

Also had a friend make a great point, the Lending Tree bowl gives us the most time for extra practice and rest.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

Also had a friend make a great point, the Lending Tree bowl gives us the most time for extra practice and rest.
    I was wondering about this - is there a regulation on how many "bowl practices" each team can get? Or is it at the schools discretion? Because if it is unlimited, then I would think the later bowl would definitely be the best.

I have no idea but just think, the coaches and players could take the whole week of Christmas off if they wanted. You know, actually get to spend time with family and relax for the holidays. Heck probably even get to enjoy new years eve/day.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I was wondering about this - is there a regulation on how many "bowl practices" each team can get? Or is it at the schools discretion? Because if it is unlimited, then I would think the later bowl would definitely be the best.
    Everyone gets the same number of practices (14 I think?).

6. Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    The FCS title game is now in January. Is it more prestigious because it's later in the year?

He said ďbowl,Ē the FCS is game is not a bowl game.

I donít believe we get extra practices for a later bowl game, but (as BillyBob pointed out) that additional time would certainly help with getting the team healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    Sporting News has us vs. Ohio in Mobile.
    While the only official auto-bid is the conference champion going to New Orleans, Mobile typically takes the team with the 2nd best overall record. So go ahead and pencil in ULL/App for that one.

After that the bowls do some wheeling a dealing with each other, but Arizona likely gets the last pick of the litter. As others and myself have said, there's just no way the Cure Bowl passes up Arkansas State. So for Southern and Georgia State it'll come down to Montgomery and Arizona.

I personally think it's going to be Montgomery given they know we'll sell tickets, and that our fans would make a weekend trip out of it unlike folks from Atlanta only 2 hours away.

Any of the possibilities are good except Arizona.
    Some have said they want something different (I think they were thinking Orlando), but honestly I'd be great if we end up back in Montgomery. We made a weekend of it last year and had a blast. The city was excited to have us there and it was a great atmosphere.
    We had plain white pants, we had plain navy-blue shirts, a number on the front and a number on the back. We couldn't even put a stripe down the middle of our helmets. We used a strip of tape. ... Those kind of things screamed, 'TEAM!' - Erk Russell

9. Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    Any of the possibilities are good except Arizona.
    Some have said they want something different (I think they were thinking Orlando), but honestly I'd be great if we end up back in Montgomery. We made a weekend of it last year and had a blast. The city was excited to have us there and it was a great atmosphere.
    However, our fans need to stop tweeting at the Arizona bowl telling them they do not want to play in their bowl game and wouldn’t travel to Tucson if we were invited. That’s not a good look. If we end the season at 6-6 or 7-5, we should be entirely honored to accept an invite to the Arizona bowl or any bowl game.

didn't see a thread for it or a link anywhere, so in case anyone missed it: Bowl game pre-orders opened today https://gseagles.com/news/2019/11/19...w_6OW7VxvBATNc