TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Letís Talk Bowls

1. Default Letís Talk Bowls

There are 5 bowl eligible teams in the Sun Belt: App State, Arkansas State, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, and ULL.

Troy is one win away but their remaining games are against App and ULL. Coastal and ULM are two wins away with Coastal being the most likely candidate to get two more wins. TXST and USA are out.

The Sun Belt has 6 tie ins this season:
    New Orleans Bowl - New Orleans, Louisiana (Sun Belt vs CUSA) on December 21st @ 9:00p ESPN
    LendingTree Bowl - Mobile, Alabama (Sun Belt vs MAC) on January 6th @ 7:30p ESPN
    Camellia Bowl - Montgomery, Alabama (Sun Belt vs MAC) on December 21st @ 5:30p ESPN
    Frisco Bowl - Frisco, Texas (Sun Belt vs AAC) on December 20th @ 7:30p ESPN2
    Cure Bowl - Orlando, Florida (Sun Belt vs AAC) on December 21st @ 2:30p CBSSN
    Arizona Bowl - Tucson, Arizona (Sun Belt vs MWC) on December 31st @ 4:30p CBSSN

The conference champion will play in the NOLA bowl but all other bowl games this season are open to the conference. What bowl would you like to see us play in and why?

My projections are:
    NOLA: App/ULL
    Mobile: App/ULL
    Montgomery: Ga State/Ga Southern
    Orlando: Ga Southern/Arkansas State
    Frisco: Arkansas State/Ga State
    Tucson: Coastal Carolina if they are eligible

Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

sign me up for any of them except the Tuscon one. My daughter turns 21 the day before.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Lets get to 7 wins, so we are certain we make a bowl. Too many SB teams at 6-6 is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Lets get to 7 wins, so we are certain we make a bowl. Too many SB teams at 6-6 is scary.
    Few weeks ago someone in media said there are not enough P5 teams that will be bowl eligible to fill all the available P5 slots. It is possible they'll dip into the G5s to fill those bowl slots (see ranked App State). We're going bowling. Lead pipe lock. We sell enough tickets unlike some of our conference mates.

I'm in for anything other than Arizona. Did I miss something when did the Frisco bowl get added?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Few weeks ago someone in media said there are not enough P5 teams that will be bowl eligible to fill all the available P5 slots. It is possible they'll dip into the G5s to fill those bowl slots (see ranked App State). We're going bowling. Lead pipe lock. We sell enough tickets unlike some of our conference mates.

I'm in for anything other than Arizona. Did I miss something when did the Frisco bowl get added?
    According to the Frisco Bowl’s wiki, this year the match up is between the AAC and the SBC however I can’t find anything on their website that says this.

As far as App State, if they win the conference, they’re contractually obligated to go to NOLA I believe.

Frisco bowl could go to an at-large but I think Sun Belt is pretty low on the list of teams they would pick. Just about every projection Iíve seen has us going to the Arizona bowl.

7. Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Won’t be all 6 win teams by the end of the season. Right now GS, GAST, A-State all have 6 wins and we play those two for our last games so it’s impossible that we all end up with 6 wins.

8. Default Re: Letís Talk Bowls

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Frisco bowl could go to an at-large but I think Sun Belt is pretty low on the list of teams they would pick. Just about every projection Iíve seen has us going to the Arizona bowl.
    Montgomery or Orlando are my picks....ain't going to zona....might go to t'has

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    According to the Frisco Bowl’s wiki, this year the match up is between the AAC and the SBC however I can’t find anything on their website that says this.

As far as App State, if they win the conference, they’re contractually obligated to go to NOLA I believe.
    Just found it. Frisco bowl is American vs at-large but every bowl projection has the at-large team as a C-USA team.

NOLA: App/ULL
    Mobile: App/ULL
    Cure: Arkansas State
    Arizona: Troy/Georgia State
    Camellia: Ga Southern