TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hoops tonight, Radford

1. Default Re: Hoops tonight, Radford

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    imo, lack of physical speed on the defensive side of ball.
    Yeah. He came in last night and 30 seconds later, he got caught out of position on defense and gave up a wide open 3 ptr. Coach sat him down and that was it for him for the night. If you can't execute coach's defense, you sit.

Default Re: Hoops tonight, Radford

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yeah. He came in last night and 30 seconds later, he got caught out of position on defense and gave up a wide open 3 ptr. Coach sat him down and that was it for him for the night. If you can't execute coach's defense, you sit.
    I agree that his defense is the reason he didn't play last night (30 seconds doesn't count to me), but if one defensive lapse gets you pulled from the game, then our entire team should be sitting on the bench.

I think coach will slowly work him into the rotation as he gains trust that he's not a complete defensive liability. Kinda what happened last season with Calvin.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    I agree that his defense is the reason he didn't play last night (30 seconds doesn't count to me), but if one defensive lapse gets you pulled from the game, then our entire team should be sitting on the bench.

I think coach will slowly work him into the rotation as he gains trust that he's not a complete defensive liability. Kinda what happened last season with Calvin.
    im not sure, CB has knocked Viti's lack of defensive skills since he got here. May not see him until Carter Bible College comes to town.

im not sure, CB has knocked Viti's lack of defensive skills since he got here. May not see him until Carter Bible College comes to town.
    That reeks of Tyson's "they don't know how to practice" comments....
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post

Agree... just like with all teams, better performance gives you a ‘longer leash’.

Just curious what you mean by ‘knocked’. I don’t recall reading or seeing an interview like this.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
    Agree... just like with all teams, better performance gives you a ‘longer leash’.

Just curious what you mean by ‘knocked’. I don’t recall reading or seeing an interview like this.

Hail southern
    during his reason for redshirt, article stated it would give David time to work on his defense etc. Then an article at start of season where CB said some good stuff about David maturing, can shoot, has worked on his defense etc. But CB has always been concerned about David's speed and defense. "Knocked" might have been to hard of a word but when I'm not getting playing time and I can shoot lights out, then what is it?

Mercer, 3-1 coming to town Tuesday night. Ladies today at home 2:00.

during his reason for redshirt, article stated it would give David time to work on his defense etc. Then an article at start of season where CB said some good stuff about David maturing, can shoot, has worked on his defense etc. But CB has always been concerned about David's speed and defense. "Knocked" might have been to hard of a word but when I'm not getting playing time and I can shoot lights out, then what is it?
    I gotcha. I'd seen the stuff you mentioned here printed, but just thought that maybe there was something else I was missing.

hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Viti will be a contributor. But would have been a liability against Radford’s guards.

Ladies got curb stomped today. Our two freshman #10 and #12 both those gals need to be together on the court 80-90% of time. #10 can create her own shot. They may take their lumps as true freshman but those two are the faces of the program going forward, next year recruite 5 more like them, then watch out.