TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Solid OOC hoop game tonight

Default Re: Solid OOC hoop game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    So, yes, the Sun Belt has put multiple teams in the tournament before. Even if the conference never had, it's possible every year. Not incredibly likely, but possible. I get tired of the, "We're a one bid league so the regular season doesn't matter."
    when was the last time SB put 2 teams in the NCAA's?

Looks like Crowly was a beast tonight, 31 points. UNF shot higher % in all offensive areas, FG, 3 pointers and FT's.

2013 MTSU and Western Kentucky. 2008 Western Kentucky and South Alabama.

The frustrating thing tonight was that we would go on a crazy run to close the gap and then let them get a big lead as soon as we tied it up.

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    2013 MTSU and Western Kentucky. 2008 Western Kentucky and South Alabama.
    thanks, I wasn't being a wise guy, honestly wondering. 2 of those schools no longer with us. There was a time those Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky were real good.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    The frustrating thing tonight was that we would go on a crazy run to close the gap and then let them get a big lead as soon as we tied it up.
    yep, if your not going to rebound you better shoot REAL good.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    thanks, I wasn't being a wise guy, honestly wondering. 2 of those schools no longer with us. There was a time those Hilltoppers of Western Kentucky were real good.
    All good. I wasn't trying to come off as wise guy either.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401170351

They shot 15-20 FTs to back up my point about officiating.

Shot 53% from 3 which is pretty dang good in just a shoot around much less a game.

Out rebounded on the defensive and offensive glass which is very frustrating. I remember 1 easy tip in on the O glass where one of our guys just stood behind their guy when the shot went up. No effort to get around him and he just easily tapped the missed ball back in. I know one thing, Frank Kerns would have blown a gasket with that play. CMB needs to hire a bad guy to get them fired up about rebounding. They are slow and deliberate with many times not even crashing to the boards on a shot. Just standing wTching the ball in the air. I’m done, on to Raiford where hopefully we learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Looks like Crowly was a beast tonight, 31 points. UNF shot higher % in all offensive areas, FG, 3 pointers and FT's.
    Crawley was a beast tonight, especially up until the point that he got his third foul and had to back off a bit. That and having a couple of other guys (of the seven we played) with four fouls relatively early in the second half left me surprised that we kept it as close as we did. Not to mention that they shot 69% from outside the arc, mainly due to one guy going seven of eight. Sure hope that Ike’s problem isn’t too serious.

How big a guy was Unf's Hendrikson? He had 12 points 17 rebounds in 30 minutes!