TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Solid OOC hoop game tonight

1. Default Re: Solid OOC hoop game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Close game to the end, tough loss but UNF is pretty good. I think we have a solid team and that will show later in conference play. As Garns has pointed out before, for us it’s all about conference play so winning these OOC games are great but more importantly they are about geling as a team and working things out.
    IMO that’s just the way to look at it after you lose OOC games. Winning OOC games is the best way to get into the NCAA tournament without throwing all of our eggs in the ‘win the SB tournament’ basket (which we have yet to do).

Default Re: Solid OOC hoop game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    Close game to the end, tough loss but UNF is pretty good. I think we have a solid team and that will show later in conference play.
    I agree, but even short handed, it sure would’ve been nice for the guys to grit that one out. If we don’t have unf on the schedule every year, then IMO we need to. I’m gonna second garns motion here and say there’s too many D1 schools in surrounding states to play anything other than D1. Jacksonville U is right there also.

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

So Carter and Ike didn't play, #0 I bet wasn't there. I hope this isn't the start of a long weird season with all sorts of reasons we don't play well or don't win. ULM leading Texams A+M at the half.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    IMO that’s just the way to look at it after you lose OOC games. Winning OOC games is the best way to get into the NCAA tournament without throwing all of our eggs in the ‘win the SB tournament’ basket (which we have yet to do).
    i don't agree with you for the simple reason SB is a one team bid conference, don't think a SB team ever has gotten an at large bid. A few years ago LALA won 27-28 games, didn't win SB Tournament and in spite of one hell of a won loss record didn't get in.

Rebounding is our deficiency and will be all year I’m afraid. I thought the game was poorly officiated. They got away with a lot of junk until one spot in the second half but the hole was really deep by then. That team can shoot the ball and they did a good job getting guys free. I would like to see Viti get more looks. Several times he was open in the corner and they swung the ball back the other way and turned it over or got bad shots. Need to keep fighting. But, going to be a long year as we have no rebounding. See you Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Rebounding is our deficiency and will be all year I’m afraid. I thought the game was poorly officiated. They got away with a lot of junk until one spot in the second half but the hole was really deep by then. That team can shoot the ball and they did a good job getting guys free. I would like to see Viti get more looks. Several times he was open in the corner and they swung the ball back the other way and turned it over or got bad shots. Need to keep fighting. But, going to be a long year as we have no rebounding. See you Friday night.
    Carter and Ike not playing sure didn't help rebounding stats. How many did Crowly get? But your right, lack of rebounding along with the lack of a dominant big man is worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Basketball used to be just be a stepping stone between our great and fun to watch football team and our very solid baseball team. Now? Hell I am tired of being disappointed with everything. Are our rugby parties still kick a$$?
    I agree
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

So, yes, the Sun Belt has put multiple teams in the tournament before. Even if the conference never had, it's possible every year. Not incredibly likely, but possible. I get tired of the, "We're a one bid league so the regular season doesn't matter."

9. Default Re: Solid OOC hoop game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    i don't agree with you for the simple reason SB is a one team bid conference, don't think a SB team ever has gotten an at large bid. A few years ago LALA won 27-28 games, didn't win SB Tournament and in spite of one hell of a won loss record didn't get in.
    You can’t just win OOC games, you have to beat good teams. IIRC, ULL had a week OOC schedule.

Out rebounded 48-35, 11-5 in offensive rebounds.