TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playcalling.....

1. Default Re: Playcalling.....

Quote Originally Posted by soccereagle View Post
    I’ve been saying this for a long time now. I think we have the perfect offense for uptempo play. Am I wrong? It kills me to see how long we take between plays. I would think our preparation would include a package of 4-5 plays that we execute when called upon. I’d like CL to answer that question.

I would too....

I think it would be nice to at least see that capability.

Default Re: Playcalling.....

Pretty sure you were intending to direct the OP to me, so I'll simply say this...

I never said the play calling was awesome. I simply said that there are a ton of other issues that are going wrong that have nothing to do with play calling or scheme. Until we fix those, Debesse can call an absolutely perfect game and we will still have issues. Debesse hasn't mysteriously forgotten how to call plays.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

3. Default Re: Playcalling.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Pretty sure you were intending to direct the OP to me, so I'll simply say this...

I never said the play calling was awesome. I simply said that there are a ton of other issues that are going wrong that have nothing to do with play calling or scheme. Until we fix those, Debesse can call an absolutely perfect game and we will still have issues. Debesse hasn't mysteriously forgotten how to call plays.
    Execution is a tremendous problem. That’s certain.

But there are real problem spots with some calls. The first series plays are so frustrating to me-for example. We haven’t scored a TD on our first drive matter how bad the opponent is.

The most frustrating part is what gets called on 3rd with more than 5 yards to convert. At least call something (anything) which has a chance of getting those yards against a defense which is stacking hell out of us.

Default Re: Playcalling.....

This board is like watching a nervous grandmother waiting for the whole thanksgiving table to erupt in a flurry of elbows and knuckles. We gotta work on finding a happy medium with our expectations for each team, each year. We can’t keep acting like we’re going to go 2-10 with Tyson or 15-0 with Erk. Most seasons are going to fall somewhere in between. Let’s set realistic goals, roll with the punches that come our way, and keep positive in the tough times.

Namaste ya feathered fools.