TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Option Offense

Default Re: Option Offense

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Its beautiful when it works.

Looks like steaming hot garbage when it is done without perfect execution.
    Same could be said about the flex many times through our history.

2. Default Re: Option Offense

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Not many at all.

3. Default Re: Option Offense

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    Yep, Pike51. That's what I don't get about this offensive scheme we're running. If you're gonna line up in a shotgun or pistol scheme how come you don't have a productive pass game to use out of it.? Why aren't we moving the chains and scoring touchdowns through the air if we aren't gonna line up under center and hit the los quickly enough to do some damage on each play?

Those successful pass plays we saw work against Troy, where have they been? We gotta have a game plan that beats linebackers and safeties all game long if the D coordinator's gonna commit 'em to run support either inside or outside. Why aren't we seeing this? 1 dimensional offenses aren't gonna win you many football games against teams that are at your talent level or above.

I think poor blocking is part of that.

Lot of plays didn't have 3 seconds to develop before guys were jumping right through our line untouched. Pretty much every stinking down.

I think several plays were designed as pass, but Shai tried to make something out of them when it all fell apart.

I sure wish we had at least average O line play with some consistency. The holes rarely develop, and Shai gets pressured continuously. We have had a whole lot of injuries and problems.

I don't get the O line. They actually looked very good against App. They looked awful pretty much every second of every other game. We have seen that they can play well for an entire game. I have no idea why we haven't seen it in other games. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by GIEAGLE View Post
    Yep, Pike51. That's what I don't get about this offensive scheme we're running. If you're gonna line up in a shotgun or pistol scheme how come you don't have a productive pass game to use out of it.? .
    My, my - what have you come across?
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    You can say that about any offense. If you dont have the right Staff and players to run the offense and defense the team will fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Not many at all.
    Watched Army any this season?
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Watched Army any this season?
    Army has always been a poor team. At least Monken has made them a good team. They may not be good this year but look at Army's's history for he last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Still doesn’t make sense, the Patriots have literally won the SB since 2005, GS has not won a NC since 2000 (the timing another poster and I discussed).
    The analogy is not about championships, per se, it’s about characterizing a superior accomplishment in negative terms because it’s not the ultimate accomplishment. Making the semifinals on such a routine basis was accomplished by one or two other teams over the period in question. Not winning a NC is not a valid indictment of the flex, especially when the alternatives failed to even once get us into the playoffs. Only because of our ridiculously successful history with the flex would “Did we make it to the finals?” even remotely be considered the litmus test for whether a season was successful or not.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    Not many at all.
    More times than you care to remember.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    More times than you care to remember.
    Maybe if analyzed on a per possession or even per game basis, but not on a per season basis. The ‘worst’ of the flex seasons feel like a warm binky in hindsight. 1994 being the obvious and explainable anomaly.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose