TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819 LastLast

Thread: DeBeese and Werts

Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Back when I played football (poorly), the coaches that would get in your face cussing and screaming at you made me just want to tell them to f-off and gave me no motivation whatsoever. The ones that would pull you aside and actually coached you through things were the ones I wanted to actually get better for and impress.
    depends on how often and when they do it. I didn't say that ONLY cussing and getting in your face worked all the time. I said "you have to "read the room" and figure out which one you need and when you need it"

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    https://youtu.be/v4X_cJCu1Mc?t=5920

Did anyone notice Werts on this play is looking downfield and sees no one is open and then turns to make the completion to Murray? Progress.

Huh? Werts looks at only Murray on that play. It was a good throw and a nice pocket by the OL so I’m not complaining. He did the right thing. But Werts didn’t do what you are claiming he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I really like throws at that range.

Seems like the really deep ball is less accurate this season. Usually overthrown.

I like that we are putting the ball in the air more, but these short/mid passes are what we should focus on. Generally much higher % for Werts
    Watch that play again in slow mo. The outside received toward the camera side is in position to block his defender. If Werts leads Murray a little bit more that's a TD.

Werts numbers for today
    Passing:14/24 175 yards three touchdowns
    Rushing: 18 carries 158 yards 1 touchdown. That’s with several stats eating some yards there.
    The dude clearly wasn’t 100% and still had a career day. If he was about an inch taller who knows how the game ends. Hopefully this will put to rest all the Shai haters.

5. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Werts numbers for today
    Passing:14/24 175 yards three touchdowns
    Rushing: 18 carries 158 yards 1 touchdown. That’s with several stats eating some yards there.
    The dude clearly wasn’t 100% and still had a career day. If he was about an inch taller who knows how the game ends. Hopefully this will put to rest all the Shai haters.
    Didn't realize his stats were that great today, he should definitely be proud of his performance, but I'm sure the last play will be heavy on him. The only things that seemed weird about his performance was he seemed to pitch waaaaay to early a lot today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Shai is the only reason Debesse doesn’t look even worse than he does. Just one hell of a player.
    +1000, kid gives it his all.

7. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

On at least one occasion, probably more, our lack of experienced backs led to some bad pitch relationships...pitch man not getting outside to block the pursuit back to the inside, etc.

We need to hit the trail hard for some o linemen.

8. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    We need to get back under center, first, then find some speed.
    We need to find speed, we don’t ‘need’ to be under center. You ‘want’ us to be under center, there’s a difference.

9. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Absolutely we need more potential game breakers in the backfield

10. Default Re: DeBeese and Werts

Nah just keep diving it’ll establish itself eventually.