TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: App is.... Sad......

  1. Default App is.... Sad......

    Pretty interesting article on the response to their loss.....

    All in all, they don't have much to be upset about. In the grand scheme of things, that loss was just a bump in the road. They have a very strong program with tremendous momentum. It certainly wasn't like they hired a TS who completely nuked their program. It was their only loss in 13 games-and they even beat UNC.

    First world problems.

    https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...a5cf66bba.html

  2. #2

    Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    I love this rivalry and the fact that we both ended up in the same conference makes it one of the lesser known rivalries that more and more cfb fans are coming to know.
    “Show me a good and gracious loser, and I’ll show you a failure.” Knute Rockne-Notre Dame
    “Always remember….. Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.” Shug Jordan- Auburnhttps://statesboroherald.static.anvilcms.net/media/images/2018/09/18/images/Erk_Russell_.max-1200x675.jpg

  3. Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesnest View Post
    I love this rivalry and the fact that we both ended up in the same conference makes it one of the lesser known rivalries that more and more cfb fans are coming to know.
    It's the one thing I really like about this conference.

    App is a wonderful rivalry.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Posts
    4,900

    Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    I put this on facebook earlier tonight... But I'll say it again here. There will be a Thursday Night Game probably sooner rather than later amongst two ranked Sunbelt teams I hope it happens in Paulson first...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

    "We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

  5. Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Pretty interesting article on the response to their loss.....

    All in all, they don't have much to be upset about. In the grand scheme of things, that loss was just a bump in the road. They have a very strong program with tremendous momentum. It certainly wasn't like they hired a TS who completely nuked their program. It was their only loss in 13 games-and they even beat UNC.

    First world problems.

    https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...a5cf66bba.html
    Are you insinuating that we don't have a strong program? You have no idea how good he is at evaluating talent. I will take CCL and staff any day over them.

  6. Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    I put this on facebook earlier tonight... But I'll say it again here. There will be a Thursday Night Game probably sooner rather than later amongst two ranked Sunbelt teams I hope it happens in Paulson first...
    Man!

    That would be sweet!!

  7. Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Are you insinuating that we don't have a strong program? You have no idea how good he is at evaluating talent. I will take CCL and staff any day over them.
    I'm just saying that they are lucky they didn't have to go through what we did.

    They are a very good program. We are still on our way back from complete, unmitigated disaster.

    App has been very good at maintaining momentum throughout their last decade or so. We need some of that.

  8. Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I'm just saying that they are lucky they didn't have to go through what we did.

    They are a very good program. We are still on our way back from complete, unmitigated disaster.

    App has been very good at maintaining momentum throughout their last decade or so. We need some of that.
    Yes they are. They are a good program but it remains to be seen what kind of coach he is. His offense at NC st threw 40 times a game and thomas just isn't going to be good at that. If he keeps the offense the same, they will continue to be good.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edgewater, FL
    Posts
    4,900

    Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Yes they are. They are a good program but it remains to be seen what kind of coach he is. His offense at NC st threw 40 times a game and thomas just isn't going to be good at that. If he keeps the offense the same, they will continue to be good.
    I am not of fan of the former NCSU OC, but at APP he'll either do well and move on or he won't and move on. They are about to enter the revolving door of coaching as we did.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

    "We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

  10. #10

    Default Re: App is.... Sad......

    Man, that single article had more game pics than the cumulative season total of any one source that covers GS.

    Here's my two favorites.


    When scrolling through, I had to do a double take.....first thought the cheerleaders were dressed up as umpires for Halloween.





    Is this from Boone or Athens?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •