TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: alternate jersey video

Default Re: alternate jersey video

Quote Originally Posted by swgaeagle View Post
    You really do not know the meaning of that expression. If you had dealt with constipated cows and horses, you would.

2. Default Re: alternate jersey video

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yep! From humble beginnings....

Not much of a fan of the video until the end. I really do not like those wings on the helmets. I think everyone makes too big a deal of all these different uniforms, I really like our normal base uni's, they are one of the classics of college football. Once a year this is fine I suppose, I know others like it, but I am not much of a fan. The all white look is different though and not too bad. Would like our normal helmets with the uni's or even a white one with just blue numbers or the old eagles head logo.

4. Default Re: alternate jersey video

I am of similar opinion, Maybe the old eagle head logo on one side of the helmet and GATA on the other.

This years ESPN running special 150 years, the segment on Uniforms, ah, hate to brake it to you, GS wasn't mentioned. PennState, Bama, Michigan, heck even Oregon but no mention of little old GS. So bring on the multiple uniform styles.

6. Default Re: alternate jersey video

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    This years ESPN running special 150 years, the segment on Uniforms, ah, hate to brake it to you, GS wasn't mentioned. PennState, Bama, Michigan, heck even Oregon but no mention of little old GS. So bring on the multiple uniform styles.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Yep
    Develop new uniforms and use our old FCS uniforms as "throwback" uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Garns.....apparently you mistake me for someone who gives crap what ESPN says about anything!
    our old days are just that, old. Gone are the FCS days of big fish in small pond. We have settled into "semi big boy football" in the land of FBS/G5 football. Bring on those new "wild" uniforms and while we are at it someone get a hold of BVG and see if he can find us a couple modern busses.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    I despise these. They are pathetic.

Why do we mess with the best uni's in the game????
    That video on Twitter alone has been viewed 121,000 times, that's clearly not just Georgia Southern fans. It was also posted to Reddit CFB, which has 670,000 subscribers and was one of the top posts of the day when it came out.

So you can despise alternate uniforms, but the fact is they bring a ton of attention to the program, and the kids absolutely love them (the most important part).

10. Default Re: alternate jersey video

Iím as old school as they come. As a 1983 GSC graduate I was fortunate to be here before football, during the rebirth of football and the hiring of Erk, and for some of those early games at Womack field. Iím very partial to the original uniforms, but if it inspires the current players and the fandom, then I am ok with a little bling once a year. Hopefully our uniforms for tonight look really good around 11:30 for our team photo after we take down App at their place.