TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 128

Thread: alternate jersey video

  1. #31

    Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    I despise these. They are pathetic.

    Why do we mess with the best uni's in the game????
    That video on Twitter alone has been viewed 121,000 times, that's clearly not just Georgia Southern fans. It was also posted to Reddit CFB, which has 670,000 subscribers and was one of the top posts of the day when it came out.

    So you can despise alternate uniforms, but the fact is they bring a ton of attention to the program, and the kids absolutely love them (the most important part).

  2. Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Iím as old school as they come. As a 1983 GSC graduate I was fortunate to be here before football, during the rebirth of football and the hiring of Erk, and for some of those early games at Womack field. Iím very partial to the original uniforms, but if it inspires the current players and the fandom, then I am ok with a little bling once a year. Hopefully our uniforms for tonight look really good around 11:30 for our team photo after we take down App at their place.

  3. Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    This years ESPN running special 150 years, the segment on Uniforms, ah, hate to brake it to you, GS wasn't mentioned. PennState, Bama, Michigan, heck even Oregon but no mention of little old GS. So bring on the multiple uniform styles.
    Imagine that.

  4. #34

    Default Re: alternate jersey video

    So since we all agree that these helmets are awesome, how would you rank the other alternates?

    1. GATA (2017)
    2. White Wings (2019)
    3. Military (2012)
    4. Teachers (2013)
    3. Eagles Head (2018)
    4. Storm Trooper (2015)
    5. Silver Fade (2014)
    6. Gold/Blue (2016)

    EDIT: Added in the FCS alternates

  5. #35

    Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    So since we all agree that these helmets are awesome, how would you rank the other alternates?

    1. GATA (2017)
    2. White Wings (2019)
    3. Eagles Head (2018)
    4. Storm Trooper (2015)
    5. Silver Fade (2014)
    6. Gold/Blue (2016)
    the coolest and best by far were the "teachers" uniform and Helmet.really sharp looking throwback.

  6. #36

    Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    the coolest and best by far were the "teachers" uniform and Helmet.really sharp looking throwback.
    Good call, forgot we did alternates in FCS as well. I think 2012 was the first year GS ever worse an alternate uniform.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The 19th Hole
    Posts
    13,561

    Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    Good call, forgot we did alternates in FCS as well. I think 2012 was the first year GS ever worse an alternate uniform.
    We wore blue pants in the late 90's under PJ. Not sure if you're counting that or not.

  8. #38

    Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Never did challenge the attention. Just said I hate the look. We are all entitled to our opinion. Your opinion does not make it fact anymore than CNN or MSNBCís makes theirs. Facts are facts. They donít differ. Opinions do. I hope our Eagles can overcome playing in these cheap looking Philadelphia eagle helmets and somehow beat App tonite.

  9. Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    Never did challenge the attention. Just said I hate the look. We are all entitled to our opinion. Your opinion does not make it fact anymore than CNN or MSNBCís makes theirs. Facts are facts. They donít differ. Opinions do. I hope our Eagles can overcome playing in these cheap looking Philadelphia eagle helmets and somehow beat App tonite.
    AMEN!!!
    We must be family.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Hilton Head Is.
    Posts
    2,021

    Default Re: alternate jersey video

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    the coolest and best by far were the "teachers" uniform and Helmet.really sharp looking throwback.
    Sorry, garns, but that's a big ol' hail no!


    Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

    EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Similar Threads

  1. Alternate helmets
    By PowerEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th November 2017, 12:33 AM
  2. Alternate Uni
    By EagleTrump in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 4th August 2015, 08:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •