TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

1. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I don't think I have heard anyone asking for that. I've heard one or two say we should "give" sponsors a group of tickets with their sponsorship so that we can count them as part of the faked attendance numbers, and also in the hopes that a few in the group may actually show up to the game and get more butts in the seats. The problem with that is this: Let's say we "sell/give" (whatever you want to call it) 3,000 tickets to sponsors every game just to fake our numbers. We are automatically taking our available tickets to sell to our fans from 20K to 17K. If we gave them to sponsors, we can't also turn around and sell them to the public, right?
    I'd leave it to the athletics dept to figure it out. If most schools across the country do it there must be a way and lets be honest, we don't sell as mant season tix as we all wish we did anyways. It may build some pressure since it would cut down on some supply.

I don't care one way or the other honestly. I just think characterizing it as people begging to make up numbers may be a stretch. I haven't read every single post though so i admit i could be wrong and people could really be advocating that.

2. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    2 extremes. I think what a lot are asking is that we make a more concerted effort to sell open blocks of seats to corporate sponsors so they count in our number of tickets sold then announce tickets sold like it seems most schools do.
    At the end of the day, we take pride in our attendance. We are 6 years in now in the FBS and the bowl committees, tv producers at espn, recruits, and our conference mates know when we announce 20k, there's 20k there. I like it that way personally.

Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

I say donate the two end sections of the deck as part of the sponsorship and then only sell tickets in the center sections to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Jcountry and about 3 other posters are the ONLY ones who are upset about this lol.
    That could be said in any thread on this board and it wouldn't be out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    That could be said in any thread on this board and it wouldn't be out of place.
    Touché salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    If tickets are included in a sponsorship package that is being purchased by a corporation than they are bought, not given.

You’re right about those tickets than not being available for purchase. THAT is the impression I received from TK’s response as to why we don’t do it. However, IMO its not always bad to create demand by managing supply, but honestly, how often do we sell out a game.
    We were less than 800 seats away from 20K (which is the actual number of seats) for UL this year. So it happens more than you think.

And IMO, if we were to say "for a $100K sponsorship, you also get 100 seats" that is not "selling" them the seats. That is giving them to the sponsor either as an incentive or a thank you. In most cases, you are still going to get the $100K. Getting free tickets is not the deciding factor. It isn't "well, I was only going to give you $90K, but since you're throwing in some seats to sweeten the deal, I'll make it an even $100K".
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I'd leave it to the athletics dept to figure it out. If most schools across the country do it there must be a way and lets be honest, we don't sell as mant season tix as we all wish we did anyways. It may build some pressure since it would cut down on some supply.

I don't care one way or the other honestly. I just think characterizing it as people begging to make up numbers may be a stretch. I haven't read every single post though so i admit i could be wrong and people could really be advocating that.
    "most" schools don't do it. The ones that do are the one that are typically in danger of not meeting the NCAA rule of 15,000 average attendance. Its not a stretch, it is how GagSt stays above 15,000 when we all can see with our own eyes that there are maybe 2,000 actual butts in seats in previous years.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    "most" schools don't do it. The ones that do are the one that are typically in danger of not meeting the NCAA rule of 15,000 average attendance. Its not a stretch, it is how GagSt stays above 15,000 when we all can see with our own eyes that there are maybe 2,000 actual butts in seats in previous years.
    That practice is also used by numerous schools who aren't in any danger of missing the 15,000 threshold.

https://graphics.wsj.com/table/Ncaaattendance_082718

That practice is also used by numerous schools who aren't in any danger of missing the 15,000 threshold.

Gag state is on page 7.

Good grief. I ask again: how many do y’all want us to report? Let’s have a vote, pick a number, and report it so we can put this to bed so three of our fans can finally get some sleep.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose