TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 166

Thread: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

  1. #41

    Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    Reposting so jcountry has to step over it twice to feign ignorance . . .



    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You say they don’t matter, why would literally everyone else except GS and App go to the trouble to fudge this stuff?

    Why waste the time?
    Because everyone other than GS and App HAS to in order to stay in compliance.

    You’ve been told this multiple times and you refuse to acknowledge it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    What the hell do people think these numbers are for?
    See above. If your attendance is below 15,000 you figure out a way to account for reporting at least 15,000. If your attendance is above 15,000, you don’t have to, so you don’t. That’s the only thing these numbers are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    You really expect bowl committees visit stadiums and verify crowds?

    Thats special.
    I heard they wanted to come, but stayed away in protest of our “no dogs” policy.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,704

    Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    OK.

    So they cheat because they have to.

    And we look like rubes with just barely borderline numbers because that’s choice. (Rube look must be back in these days. I’m not great at fashion trends.)

    And your mom can’t attend. So what’s that got to do with anything?
    Other than you and a couple others on a message board, show me ONE negative and public thing that has been said about our attendance that has affected us in a negative manner. If it's so obvious and so many other people are paying attention to it, you should be able to find volumes of data to support your theory. YOU are the only one worried about it because in your tinfoil hat world, we are embarrassing ourselves by not whoring ourselves out like others are.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  3. #43

    Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    Even if we "FUDGED" our numbers, it wouldn't matter because they would see those numbers are fake once they look at all of the social media post. Guess what, that's how we know other schools make up their attendance numbers because we see social post. I would rather post the more accurate number than some super inflated number only to be exposed later. JMO

  4. #44

    Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    Jcountry and about 3 other posters are the ONLY ones who are upset about this lol. If they put as much energy into bringing new people to the games as they do complaining on this message board (which accomplishes nothing), then we'd probably have 30k every game.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    I reckon I don't get the argument that everyone knows everyone else's numbers are bull**** but if GS did it they would somehow look good.
    Is it just because they wouldn't have to bull**** AS MUCH as everyone else or what?
    I can understand "Everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't we?" in some cases but not when the entire premise is "Everyone else is full of ****."

  6. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    The worse part of all of this is that he's complaining about the attendance numbers after a tropical storm and monsoon hit paulson on back to back weekends. Heck, i think 10,000 is great for the weather. Anyone who was there knows how bad the rain was. I've never seen so much standing water on the field. I commend everyone who showed up the last two weeks. True fans!! Jcountry, didn't you miss the last two home games?

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,704

    Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    The worse part of all of this is that he's complaining about the attendance numbers after a tropical storm and monsoon hit paulson on back to back weekends. Heck, i think 10,000 is great for the weather. Anyone who was there knows how bad the rain was. I've never seen so much standing water on the field. I commend everyone who showed up the last two weeks. True fans!! Jcountry, didn't you miss the last two home games?
    What he's really complaining about is how we report the attendance, not how many people were at the game. He thinks that we should LIE like everyone else just to look better and say we had 25,000 there when we really only had 10,000.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  8. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    What he's really complaining about is how we report the attendance, not how many people were at the game. He thinks that we should LIE like everyone else just to look better and say we had 25,000 there when we really only had 10,000.
    2 extremes. I think what a lot are asking is that we make a more concerted effort to sell open blocks of seats to corporate sponsors so they count in our number of tickets sold then announce tickets sold like it seems most schools do.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Snellville, GA
    Posts
    8,704

    Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    2 extremes. I think what a lot are asking is that we make a more concerted effort to sell open blocks of seats to corporate sponsors so they count in our number of tickets sold then announce tickets sold like it seems most schools do.
    I don't think I have heard anyone asking for that. I've heard one or two say we should "give" sponsors a group of tickets with their sponsorship so that we can count them as part of the faked attendance numbers, and also in the hopes that a few in the group may actually show up to the game and get more butts in the seats. The problem with that is this: Let's say we "sell/give" (whatever you want to call it) 3,000 tickets to sponsors every game just to fake our numbers. We are automatically taking our available tickets to sell to our fans from 20K to 17K. If we gave them to sponsors, we can't also turn around and sell them to the public, right?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

  10. Default Re: Roll Over. Play Dead.....

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I don't think I have heard anyone asking for that. I've heard one or two say we should "give" sponsors a group of tickets with their sponsorship so that we can count them as part of the faked attendance numbers, and also in the hopes that a few in the group may actually show up to the game and get more butts in the seats. The problem with that is this: Let's say we "sell/give" (whatever you want to call it) 3,000 tickets to sponsors every game just to fake our numbers. We are automatically taking our available tickets to sell to our fans from 20K to 17K. If we gave them to sponsors, we can't also turn around and sell them to the public, right?
    If tickets are included in a sponsorship package that is being purchased by a corporation than they are bought, not given.

    You’re right about those tickets than not being available for purchase. THAT is the impression I received from TK’s response as to why we don’t do it. However, IMO its not always bad to create demand by managing supply, but honestly, how often do we sell out a game.

Similar Threads

  1. Play-by-Play search narrows at Georgia Southern
    By TheBigGuy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 24th August 2015, 03:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •