TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. New Mexico State (October 26 - 3:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. New Mexico State (October 26 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Granted, it was terrible weather but attendance at a homecoming game was the lowest in 35 years. That should be a concern to TK.
    You’re kidding right? It was a torrential downpour, and there were STILL over ten thousand there. No other school In the SB outside of App would come even close to that in attendance in the conditions there today. If anything TK should be encouraged that so many still chose to show up in that weather.
    Chris Booth
    Class of '09
    Hail Southern and nobody else!

The rain today was no doubt heavier than last week, 10,000 in that mess is encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
    The rain today was no doubt heavier than last week, 10,000 in that mess is encouraging.
    I wouldn't be surprised if other than the Hugo Bowl that's the most rain we've ever gotten for a game in Paulson.

I went to the national championship games in Chattanooga in 1998 and 2000, Furman and UGA in 2000, New Hampshire in 2004, App last year, and Coastal this year. That was the heaviest rain I can ever remember at a Georgia Southern football game. It wasn't as continuous as the Coastal game but it was accumulating puddles on the field, and our drainage is pretty good.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 26th October 2019 at 08:35 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

4. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. New Mexico State (October 26 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if other than the Hugo Bowl that's the most rain we've ever gotten for a game in Paulson.

I went to the national championship games in Chattanooga in 1998 and 2000, Furman and UGA in 2000, New Hampshire in 2004, App last year, and Coastal this year. That was the heaviest rain I can ever remember at a Georgia Southern football game. Wouldn't be surprised if other than the Hugo Bowl that's the most rain we've ever gotten at a game. It wasn't as continuous as the Coastal game but it was accumulating puddles on the field, and our drainage is pretty good.
    NH game was horrible. Worse than today.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    NH game was horrible. Worse than today.
    UNH was more steady but was much lighter than tonight's was.

6. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. New Mexico State (October 26 - 3:00 PM)

UNH was more steady but was much lighter than tonight's was.
    It flooded even before the game started. Our group waited in cars before going in just before kickoff because of the downpour.

7. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. New Mexico State (October 26 - 3:00 PM)

Dang straight TK better get control of this weather or ummm we’ll find someone who can?

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    Dang straight TK better get control of this weather or ummm we’ll find someone who can?
    Lol yep. Darn TK and his rain. I hear he hates our traditions too. Rubes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Mitty View Post
    It flooded even before the game started. Our group waited in cars before going in just before kickoff because of the downpour.
    Just a wild guess...you weren't at the game today, were you?

10. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. New Mexico State (October 26 - 3:00 PM)

Just a wild guess...you weren't at the game today, were you?
    Actually, I was.