TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the attendance?

Default Re: What was the attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Still at least 10K what most schools estimate at 20K.

(We definitely need to switch to their way of estimating. There is absolutely no upside in continuing to be chumps and stick with this lame nonsense.
    wait a second, there was at least 16,500 at that game last night(smile)

Made it home right before midnight. Almost had a calamity on I-16. There was a large tree that had fallen in the travel lanes near Dublin and I had to pull some NASCAR style maneuvering to get around it. The win made it worth it.
    “Show me a good and gracious loser, and I’ll show you a failure.” Knute Rockne-Notre Dame
    “Always remember….. Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.” Shug Jordan- Auburnhttps://statesboroherald.static.anvilcms.net/media/images/2018/09/18/images/Erk_Russell_.max-1200x675.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    11,100, if there were 400 students there today it was a lot. Students were big fat no show.
    Don't blame a soul for not going out in those conditions last night.

I was prepared and it was still pretty trying. Even worse the soles seperated from my boots (BOTH OF THEM) so my feet got wet. Since there's no drainage on Row 1 of the deck at midfield, I was standing in a puddle for the majority of the game.

And we STILL had more people there than Gast did for their game against us last year.

I would have loved to have been at the game but my wife has a broken leg. I love a rain game. Loved the Hugo Bowl, last year's Crap game and the Camellia Bowl. Had a blast at all of them. A good rain suit and a GSU win makes it fun.
    We run about six plays, just see if you can stop 'em---- Paul Johnson

The way this “storm” was hyped up I’m surprised anyone showed up. And Wraith there must be some drainage from the mid deck because it floods down on my head every time it rains at Paulson.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Don't blame a soul for not going out in those conditions last night.

I was prepared and it was still pretty trying. Even worse the soles seperated from my boots (BOTH OF THEM) so my feet got wet. Since there's no drainage on Row 1 of the deck at midfield, I was standing in a puddle for the majority of the game.

And we STILL had more people there than Gast did for their game against us last year.
    In E row 1, my feet sat all game in over a inch of water. My lovely wife called the experience an "adventure", I called it something different. Good chance of rain this coming Saturday too!

7. Default Re: What was the attendance?

App had 27,717 and some fun weather - 50* with rain. By the time the game ended, the rain was pretty steady and the temps had dropped some. I'd say the attendance announced was about right. The game was a sellout for both reserved and GA tickets which would mean 30,000+ tickets were sold. The crowd thinned mightily at the start of the 4th quarter.

I'll be interested to see how many folks show for the Hallowe'en game. Mid-week game says lower attendance. GS in the house says good crowd. Maybe we'll get some snow to make things interesting.

8. Default Re: What was the attendance?

Less than normal not sure anyone buys into this team except the Head Coach and some of the players. However, we can dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Richrappa View Post
    Less than normal not sure anyone buys into this team except the Head Coach and some of the players. However, we can dance!
    Allow me to assuage your fear that nobody buys into this team except the Head Coach and some of the players. I can be counted as 1 in addition to Head Coach and players.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    Allow me to assuage your fear that nobody buys into this team except the Head Coach and some of the players. I can be counted as 1 in addition to Head Coach and players.
    Plus One!