TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Default Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Did anyone listen to our “high school”post game show on the Georgia Southern Radio Network? I lost count at 43 commercials - it is by far, the worst for a FBS program. Danny and Harvo sound professional. Brown, Lacy and the producer need to be job searching Monday. If anyone tuned into the postgame show on I-95, it was a joke. Finally interviewed Lunsford 1:20 after game..and music was played over interview. Embarrassing and damaging to the GS brand.

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

I listened earlier in the season and don't listen anymore because of what you said. There's no real content and it's 90% ads and commercials. Compared to other post game shows with analysis and commentary it is very bad.

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Did anyone listen to our “high school”post game show on the Georgia Southern Radio Network? I lost count at 43 commercials - it is by far, the worst for a FBS program. Danny and Harvo sound professional. Brown, Lacy and the producer need to be job searching Monday. If anyone tuned into the postgame show on I-95, it was a joke. Finally interviewed Lunsford 1:20 after game..and music was played over interview. Embarrassing and damaging to the GS brand.
    The last time I remember the post-game not being like that was when Nate Hirsch's station had the contract to broadcast the games.

That music you hear is probably another station you were picking up. That's not a problem with our radio crew.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I heard music over Chad’s interview listening to I-95 on Apple. This happened on postgame last year. I was embarrassed by the postgame stuff last year - no relevant questions, insight or comments. Interview with chad is a joke. Nate used to interview HC and assistants in postgame. He asked interesting questions. I almost barfed last year when they had Vic Cabral - corny talk, wrestling crap and nothing related to GS football. They are killing our brand- so unprofessional.
    Last edited by birdseye; 19th October 2019 at 08:46 PM.

5. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

i heard the "interview" of Lunsford had to go to 105.5 out jesup to hear when ask if he seen any tape on nmsu Lunsford said nope have not watch any video on nmsu yet

While I’m at it, the TV announcers on ESPN 3 sound amateurish. Not very football knowledgeable, keep calling each other my name on air ...hated the reference “pretty littlest stadium in America.” Unfortunately we hired them - they hurt brand too.

While I’m at it, the TV announcers on ESPN 3 sound amateurish. Not very football knowledgeable, keep calling each other my name on air ...hated the reference “pretty littlest stadium in America.” Unfortunately we hired them - they hurt brand too.
    Why did you hate the “prettiest little stadium in America” reference? Isn’t that what we call it (or at least Erk did)?

I thought it was bad when neither of them knew that pass interference was an automatic first down.

8. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    Why did you hate the “prettiest little stadium in America” reference? Isn’t that what we call it (or at least Erk did)?

I thought it was bad when neither of them knew that pass interference was an automatic first down.
    Well it's better than our fcs days... Praying pbs or some obscure sports network would pick the game up or pay DirecTV $$$ to watch 5 away games... Usually our best option was radio 😄

Part of the reason for the excessive commercials is that they get Chad last. So if the presser or something else takes a long time, they have to fill the void. Either way, those ads have been sold, and if there weren't enough breaks during the game in which to play them, they have to play them when they can.

As for the music, sometimes that's a host station issue. As we've experienced during baseball, if the game goes over the time allotment in regulation, sometimes the host stations don't get that memo and it automatically reverts back to regular programming if they don't have someone in studio.

I get the frustration. I've complained about the commercials too, but hopefully this helps with some clarification

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Part of the reason for the excessive commercials is that they get Chad last. So if the presser or something else takes a long time, they have to fill the void. Either way, those ads have been sold, and if there weren't enough breaks during the game in which to play them, they have to play them when they can.

As for the music, sometimes that's a host station issue. As we've experienced during baseball, if the game goes over the time allotment in regulation, sometimes the host stations don't get that memo and it automatically reverts back to regular programming if they don't have someone in studio.

I get the frustration. I've complained about the commercials too, but hopefully this helps with some clarification
    It's problems I've noticed with basketball and baseball as well. Has nothing to do with our radio crew.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.