TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

I haven’t even bothered with it in over a year. Last time I listened to it, the discussion consisted of talking about “professional” wrestling. Grown men watching wrestling is itself embarrassing enough, but to confess it to the world on a Georgia Southern platform...
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I haven’t even bothered with it in over a year. Last time I listened to it, the discussion consisted of talking about “professional” wrestling. Grown men watching wrestling is itself embarrassing enough, but to confess it to the world on a Georgia Southern platform...
    You and I are often times on the wrong side of the fence, but you are dead center on this one. Post game show is a folly and I have been listening to them since 1981.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Why is it that everyone has to take things to the extreme? Why is it that everything is "an embarrassment" or "the worst" or "hurts our brand" or "they need to find a new job". And no, I'm not picking on the OP, it happens every day on here. How about we simply say, "I don't like it when they do X. Why do we do it?" instead of acting as if the sky is falling.
    unfortunately, I think it's just the world we live in now days. I think people speak in such absolutes and ridiculous terms just so you'll pay more attention to what they're saying.... because you know everyone has to have and opinion on everything. I didn't listen to the radio show, but i'll give this a try.....

the postgame radio show last night after the game sure did have a lot of commercials. I understand the need for commercials, and appreciate the efforts and long hours the guys are putting in. maybe in the future, more game discussion with coaches can take place. to me, that would sound a little more professional. I also trust that they will continue to work on fixing the problem with the music playing over the content.

like I say, I didn't listen to the postgame show on the radio, let alone every postgame show for every fbs program in the nation like the original poster, but I think the message is conveyed.

hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Well Frank Danny and Terry may shoot me but if it takes so long to get the interview with CCL why not do it. Just sayin. You could do it at the EFAA tailgate.
    Last edited by EaglesFlyFBS; 20th October 2019 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    While I’m at it, the TV announcers on ESPN 3 sound amateurish. Not very football knowledgeable, keep calling each other my name on air ...hated the reference “pretty littlest stadium in America.” Unfortunately we hired them - they hurt brand too.
    You can add to that the FACT that they send/use inferior transmitting equip at the games. The commercials are studio produced and air perfectly, while the actual game content is choppy and disjointed. No excuse for that.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

regarding radio, I understand the importance of commercials, ie $$$$$. My only complaint is transmission. Many times program is hard to either get/pick up or get unwanted music. Regarding getting brand out, well the station doesn't have enough power to broadcast it hardly out of Bulluch county, so I wouldn't worry about getting our brand out.

7. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

I listened to the post game on 94.9 and didn't hear any music... a lot of commercials but I just figured they were waiting for access to players and coaches after an emotional game.

I have to agree in part with what birdseye is saying. I was very frustrated after having sat through what must have been at least 15 minutes of non-stop commercials waiting to hear what Coach had to say, only to be unable to hear him due to the music drowning him out. I figured it was because of something like gsudarlin described in an earlier post related to the host station. I just wish that there had been a statement to the effect that they were unable to air the interview due to time constraints and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    regarding radio, I understand the importance of commercials, ie $$$$$. My only complaint is transmission. Many times program is hard to either get/pick up or get unwanted music. Regarding getting brand out, well the station doesn't have enough power to broadcast it hardly out of Bulluch county, so I wouldn't worry about getting our brand out.
    We supposedly have a radio network broadcasting our games throughout the state - it’s also available on the internet. So yes, the post game show, does affect our brand.

10. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    It’s broadcasted online worldwide. I tuned in to the post-game show from 4 States away, heard commercial after commercial, just assumed I missed the show and turned it off.

I understand the importance of the commercials, too, but if they cannot fit them all in a game that went into 3 OT’s, they might be over-selling that ad space.