TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    How long after the game does this usually happen?
    It's usually about 15-20 minutes after the game ends. It takes 5-10 minutes for everyone to get off the field. Then there's a few more minutes where the team is in the locker room. After that a few players are made available for the media. Chad is the last one up for a formal press conference.

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Does the post game show still answer callers/tweets/texts that are sent in? After the ULL game I listened on the drive home but as others have said it was mostly commercials while they waited for the players to be available. Colin Lacy recapped the game and gave some stats in between. By the time the players were being interviewed by Russ the signal was starting to cut out (driving to savannah), and then I never really heard the part with CCL.

I know a few years back Coach Cabral used to come in and do some discussion and would answer some callers, but it was a very informal conversation, which is to be expected after he just coached a game and "Worked" for the previous 5-6 hours. I like the idea of live streaming the press conference if that capability becomes available, or maybe putting another analyst in with Colin to bounce discussing back and forth regarding the game and what else is happening in the Sun Belt and Top 25.

In fact, you know what, I think GSUFans should sponsor the post game show and we can get a special guest duo each week to go in the studio and recap the game. JCountry and Buzz, Pete and Half, Walt and KJ...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Does the post game show still answer callers/tweets/texts that are sent in? After the ULL game I listened on the drive home but as others have said it was mostly commercials while they waited for the players to be available. Colin Lacy recapped the game and gave some stats in between. By the time the players were being interviewed by Russ the signal was starting to cut out (driving to savannah), and then I never really heard the part with CCL.

I know a few years back Coach Cabral used to come in and do some discussion and would answer some callers, but it was a very informal conversation, which is to be expected after he just coached a game and "Worked" for the previous 5-6 hours. I like the idea of live streaming the press conference if that capability becomes available, or maybe putting another analyst in with Colin to bounce discussing back and forth regarding the game and what else is happening in the Sun Belt and Top 25.

In fact, you know what, I think GSUFans should sponsor the post game show and we can get a special guest duo each week to go in the studio and recap the game. JCountry and Buzz, Pete and Half, Walt and KJ...
    There is still the option to text or tweet in, but hardly anyone does.
    There seems to be mixed reviews about Cabral being on the air, but it hasn't been done this year at all. If they're are recruits in town, he needs to be able to spend as much time as possible with them.

The presser is live streamed on Facebook, or if you stick around after the game, they show it on the video board (with the exception of last weekend for some reason).

Colin goes around the country and gives scores and even plays highlight clips from other learfield schools (for example UNC OT at VT this past weekend).

if your feed was cutting out, it's highly possible you just needed to switch to the Savannah station, which is 95.5.

unfortunately that problem is part of why the old general manager was making such a push for streaming versus actual radio. there's been a lot of damage control that has had to be done over the last two seasons to repair relationships with stations and sponsors that he upset.

4. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post

IMO the number of texts/tweets coming in have been reduced because the questions/comments being submitted weren’t addressed on air, mostly a result of the TS era.

5. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Athletics doesn't even have mics for us to be able to hear the questions when they live stream it, so I'm not sure that would be a possibility. Perhaps there is a way though.
    So they can’t get mics? I mean, that seems like an easy solution to deliver good content. I think airing the postgame conference on the radio show is a great idea (kudos, birdseye). Honestly, won’t or lose, I would eagerly tune in (and wait through all the commercials) to hear that.

The fact that this thread exists makes me feel like our team is doing better.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Mics = money...
    That'd be a lot of mics to cover every media member in there in order to be able to hear all questions being asked. sure, you could probably pass around a handheld one, but when they are fumbling with their own equipment, that may not be the easiest task either

As for the one saying that questions weren't being addressed, fans need to understand that it isn't the job of our radio crew to ask questions that attack the coaches. Maybe if more quality questions were submitted then they would be asked. A lot of times though it just seems to be people offering up congratulations. what I have seen from watching the Monday night show is that some people wait until it's way too late to submit their question, or maybe even submit after the show is over. it gets pushed all day on social media to get your questions in before 7. Occasionally they even post reminders on Sundays

It's a sad day if we can't afford a few mics for the postgame media conference. And it's not like we have a throng of reporters on hand either.

9. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Mics = money...
    That'd be a lot of mics to cover every media member in there in order to be able to hear all questions being asked. sure, you could probably pass around a handheld one, but when they are fumbling with their own equipment, that may not be the easiest task either

As for the one saying that questions weren't being addressed, fans need to understand that it isn't the job of our radio crew to ask questions that attack the coaches. Maybe if more quality questions were submitted then they would be asked. A lot of times though it just seems to be people offering up congratulations. what I have seen from watching the Monday night show is that some people wait until it's way too late to submit their question, or maybe even submit after the show is over. it gets pushed all day on social media to get your questions in before 7. Occasionally they even post reminders on Sundays
    I understand mics cost money, but how many are we really talking about here? Or, like you said, pass one around, or ask CL to repeat the question. Quite frankly, I couldn’t care less about hearing the question if I’m tuning in to hear the coaches/players remarks.

So a “quality” question cant be one that challenges coaches? I only ask because I cannot image they were all “attacks” on them (well, maybe they where for TS).

I wish the post game show would focus on delivering local content about Georgia Southern or Sunbelt teams exclusively. I don't want to hear anything about UNC and VT going to OT on the GS post game show. ESPN covers them very well already.
    Paul Speering
    First official visit 1984
    BS Manufacturing, 1997
    MBA, St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA