TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

1. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Athletics doesn't even have mics for us to be able to hear the questions when they live stream it, so I'm not sure that would be a possibility. Perhaps there is a way though.
    So they can’t get mics? I mean, that seems like an easy solution to deliver good content. I think airing the postgame conference on the radio show is a great idea (kudos, birdseye). Honestly, won’t or lose, I would eagerly tune in (and wait through all the commercials) to hear that.

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

The fact that this thread exists makes me feel like our team is doing better.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Mics = money...
    That'd be a lot of mics to cover every media member in there in order to be able to hear all questions being asked. sure, you could probably pass around a handheld one, but when they are fumbling with their own equipment, that may not be the easiest task either

As for the one saying that questions weren't being addressed, fans need to understand that it isn't the job of our radio crew to ask questions that attack the coaches. Maybe if more quality questions were submitted then they would be asked. A lot of times though it just seems to be people offering up congratulations. what I have seen from watching the Monday night show is that some people wait until it's way too late to submit their question, or maybe even submit after the show is over. it gets pushed all day on social media to get your questions in before 7. Occasionally they even post reminders on Sundays

It's a sad day if we can't afford a few mics for the postgame media conference. And it's not like we have a throng of reporters on hand either.

5. Default Re: Post game show on Georgia Southern Radio Network embarrassment to our brand

Quote Originally Posted by gsudarlin View Post
    Mics = money...
    That'd be a lot of mics to cover every media member in there in order to be able to hear all questions being asked. sure, you could probably pass around a handheld one, but when they are fumbling with their own equipment, that may not be the easiest task either

As for the one saying that questions weren't being addressed, fans need to understand that it isn't the job of our radio crew to ask questions that attack the coaches. Maybe if more quality questions were submitted then they would be asked. A lot of times though it just seems to be people offering up congratulations. what I have seen from watching the Monday night show is that some people wait until it's way too late to submit their question, or maybe even submit after the show is over. it gets pushed all day on social media to get your questions in before 7. Occasionally they even post reminders on Sundays
    I understand mics cost money, but how many are we really talking about here? Or, like you said, pass one around, or ask CL to repeat the question. Quite frankly, I couldn’t care less about hearing the question if I’m tuning in to hear the coaches/players remarks.

So a “quality” question cant be one that challenges coaches? I only ask because I cannot image they were all “attacks” on them (well, maybe they where for TS).

I wish the post game show would focus on delivering local content about Georgia Southern or Sunbelt teams exclusively. I don't want to hear anything about UNC and VT going to OT on the GS post game show. ESPN covers them very well already.
    Paul Speering
    First official visit 1984
    BS Manufacturing, 1997
    MBA, St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA

Quote Originally Posted by speerio View Post
    I wish the post game show would focus on delivering local content about Georgia Southern or Sunbelt teams exclusively. I don't want to hear anything about UNC and VT going to OT on the GS post game show. ESPN covers them very well already.
    But then you have others saying they want to hear updates from around the top 25 and other stuff.

Can't please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    It's a sad day if we can't afford a few mics for the postgame media conference. And it's not like we have a throng of reporters on hand either.
    If everyone shows up you'd have
    Statesboro Herald- Mike Anthony
    Josh Aubrey
    Savannah Morning News- Jaudon
    George-Anne (they usually send one or 2)
    WTOC (sometimes 2 on hand)
    WSAV (sometimes 2)
    Wjcl (sometimes 2)
    Then probably some reps from media relations-- the voice you heard asking TK stuff during the special presser yesterday

That's not including potential other outlets like Macon Telegraph or others who may be covering a specific athlete.

The mics with the transmitter aren't cheap, and sometimes don't work well indoors.

There's always the risk of technical issues like they experienced this past weekend.

One small parabolic mic pointed from the front should do it.

What if we had a mic where we could just hear Lunsfords comments? Most press conferences dont have a microphone for everyone in the room, but at least have the speaker mic'd up.