TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

1. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Coastal does not sponsor a full 85 scholarships, was down multiple players due to injury coming into the game, have lost their last 7 conference games, and it took 3OT for GS to beat them in Paulson.

Let that sink in.
    We have a offensive line that has lost two starters before the game and one during the game. We lost two key starters on defense during the game. Get out of here with that.

2. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    This doesn't make any sense.

I can honestly say I wouldn't make that call. Our receivers have had the dropsies all season and you pall a pass on a do-or-die 4th down in OT in the rain. Wow.
    It wasnít a good call IMO. It worked though

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

What's our longest run this season? 40 yards maybe? Next longest 25 yards? Then a bunch of 3 yard plays.

4. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    Because the will power, desire and focus tends to evaporate in conditions like that. We were playing in freaking tropical storm.
    So was CCU.

I think we definitely looked better on offense, but we still struggle to score points for whatever reason, and Werts needs to play better. Passing teams will continue to abuse us deep. We're lucky that CCU is sort of a clone of us IMO.

6. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesFlyFBS View Post
    We use to work the edge to open the center. Now we work the center to open the edge. Defensive secondaries have nothing to be concerned about in this offense as a result we rarely break open long runs much less long passes. This is not a talent issue. It's clearly an offensive philosophy that has serious limitations. Making in game change much less season long change is tooo difficult.
    We ran a lot on the edge today i thought. Did you want throw it 20 times today?

We have a offensive line that has lost two starters before the game and one during the game. We lost two key starters on defense during the game. Get out of here with that.
    Get out of here with what? Are we content with being equals with an FCS moveup or do we hold ourselves to a higher standard?

That's great. You should try being optimistic. We lost three starters today. All this pessimism doesn't help this program. We are all spoiled by our past success. We are dealing with the failure to recruit by the previous staff's. I'm a millennial as well but understand things don't happen overnight. It takes time. Majority on this board want instant success just like the majority of society and can't understand what the problems are. It's not this staff.
    Honestly, I’d love to have some optimism, but this feels like a continuation of the Summers debacle.

Regardless of our performance, I’ll always support our program and university, but I don’t have to be all sunshine and rainbows like nothing is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Get out of here with what? Are we content with being equals with an FCS moveup or do we hold ourselves to a higher standard?
    This is their 3rd season in the conference. Are you sure they donít have a full 85 scholarships?

10. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    This is their 3rd season in the conference. Are you sure they donít have a full 85 scholarships?
    Who cares who many scholarships they have we shouldíve beaten them by 30