TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleGrad2018 View Post
    It wasn’t a good call IMO. It worked though
    It was a great call and the 2nd one was even better. It took some you know what to make those calls. Kudos to Coach Debesse!!

2. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    We should have beat them by 10-14 based on how both teams played.
    Thats how I thought this would go down.

CCU is NOT a good team. With all the key injuries they have, we should have walked away with this one. Two TDs at least.

Six sure seems tough.

3. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    Yes, the beat writer who covers them mentioned on the GS Extra podcast that they weren't at the full 85 scholarships yet, and noted the injuries they had coming in to the game.

And Billy Bob I post here almost daily and have for close to 20 years. I'm sorry if you don't recognize my posts. I bleed blue but I'm going to call it like I see it.
    You are correct.

Travis has a good podcast and tells the truth.

He mentioned both points. CCU sure was no LSU.

4. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

No but if we play like we did today against them we will lose by 30

5. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Appy is nowhere near in the same universe as what we played today.
    They also aren't as good as they are made out to be.

6. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by fourth eagle View Post
    It was a great call and the 2nd one was even better. It took some you know what to make those calls. Kudos to Coach Debesse!!
    If you believe the 4th and 5 toss up with the game on the line was a great call there’s bigger issues here

7. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

We are STILL killing far too many drives with penalties and retarded playcalls.

We fortunately have some talented players who can make us look better than we are, but there’s so little dimension to this offense. I still say playcalling is hurting us more than anything else.

3rd and 13 and a handoff to King???? Right up the middle? What the hell for?

Did we just totally forget what plays we used to run with explosive potential? Did we lose that part of the playbook??

Where the bell is ANY tricky stuff?
    You do realize when Fritz was here and those explosive plays you referenced were on inside zone that Brieda broke. Don't believe me? Go back and watch for yourself. You can't have explosive plays without the offensive line.

8. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Thats how I thought this would go down.

CCU is NOT a good team. With all the key injuries they have, we should have walked away with this one. Two TDs at least.

Six sure seems tough.
    I don't give a crap about the injuries. We lost two offensive linemen before the game and lost another during the game. Two key players were ejected over some bs. We played three games with a backup qb and most of you expected us to win those games.

Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle02120624 View Post
    They also aren't as good as they are made out to be.
    Yes they are.

10. Default Re: [GAME THREAD] Football vs. Coastal Carolina (October 19 - 3:00 PM)

If you believe the 4th and 5 toss up with the game on the line was a great call there’s bigger issues here
    Yes and the issue is you. It was a great call. We haven't done anything like that since Debesse has been here and they weren't looking for it hence why he was covered by one person. Same thing on the very next play. We need fans who believe in this program and shows up to the games.