TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weather for Saturday

1. Default Re: Weather for Saturday

I like weather nation.

Most local meteorologists in GA are not great.

Default Re: Weather for Saturday

Weather constantly changes. It was originally looking like 60/70 perfect tailgating weather and game time weather. Now we are looking at rain from 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. non stop.

Also remember any forecast beyond 3 days is worthless.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    They're doing $15 tickets in certain sections for a Paulson Poncho Party trying to get people out. Poncho not included. I double checked and yes, they get the $15 and not you.
    As I understand it Athletics has recently purchased thousands of ponchos
    (maybe to sell)
    but it would be cool to give away the navy ones
    and have every one in the same color FOR ONCE
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

So how long before you guys start a thread on predicting how much rain we get during game time, and the number of people that stay away?

I think prediction threads are lame.

I will give a nice crisp dollar bill to first person that understands a
    Battle Beyond the Stars reference

without doing a google
    (honor system is in effect)
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

I keep hoping for a change in the weather for tomorrow. I've got a crowd coming to the game and wanted it to be a pleasant experience for them.
    SlickEagle now, formally known as EagleDawg

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    So how long before you guys start a thread on predicting how much rain we get during game time, and the number of people that stay away?

I think prediction threads are lame.
    It will be more likely that we have a thread on the fact that Gag St is over inflating their rainfall numbers and that we should do the same so we don't get left behind in the race for sponsorships and recruits that will undoubtedly only look at reported rainfall amounts instead of actually going to the stadium to see for themselves.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: Weather for Saturday

This looks nasty.

100% rain chance ALL day.

Gusts to 40.

GATA!

(The thing I’m keeping my eye on is lightning. If we see significant lightning within 10 miles of the stadium, the game will get cancelled. People whine and cry about fake news liability from beer sales. Lightning near a stadium is not fake news liability.)

9. Default Re: Weather for Saturday

Here’s the NOAA hourly.... (wind speed in knots, gusts close to 40 mph.)

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...Type=graphical

10. Default Re: Weather for Saturday

The 100% chance of rain is a bit misleading.

Doesnt mean it will rain all day over Statesboro, just means that there is a 100% probability that rain will be occurring somewhere in the forecast area. (The forecast area is a whole region-like eastern Ga or central Ga.)

Could be we might get lucky and kickoff will happen between bands and it will be dry for some or all of the game.

Will be very windy on any case. Bass has his work cut out.

Like I mentioned, lightning is my concern. It ain’t nothing to mess with, and administration won’t. Hopefully we will get lucky and maybe the cells will not be firing off since this thing will make landfall tonight and the system will have less heat to work with. This system is also a fast mover, which ain’t good. Systems which move slower bleed most of their energy near the coast due to more time spent over friction from buildings and trees. My gut feeling is that this one will still be really strong over the Boro. Definitely tropical storm force winds and strong convection. It’s cooler now, and that’s good. If it were as warm as the last couple games, something like this would likely spawn tornadoes.

Ill have my eye on the lightning site. I really want to come down, but if I see this system lighting up S Ga enroute, I won’t waste the gas. Lighting is a show stopper. I don’t mess with it. Admin won’t either.

Looks like that’s the way this will go down. There’s little chance of a course change as fast as this thing is moving. If we get super lucky, the center could pass south of us and emerge near Brunswick. In that case, we would be on the drier NW side at game time. I don’t see that happening. More just wishful thinking. This thing looks very much like a direct hit very close to game time.