TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendance)

Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    The entire athletic dept does pretty much and this is nothing new. They've been reading this site for 20+ years. When I was first introduced to Danny Reed, he already knew my board handle lol.
    One group of people I'm betting don't read it are coaches (at least head coaches). Aside from that, yeah I'm sure players, their parents, media people, and athletic admin all read it.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

2. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

So, as suspected we report attendance the way it should be done, honestly. But, if the Ga State’s of the world gave Chic-fil-a 1k tickets as part of their sponsorship deal, that means they are reporting that 1k every game (used or not), is that correct?

3. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

I still don't understand the attendance stuff.

So we are in the most honest 10 of the FBS.

(Whoop T Doo. That plus $3 will get you a bowl of soup.)

How does that help us? Casual observers (and many recruits) would understandably believe we are pretty much neck-and-neck with Gag and Troy and USA attendance-wise.

We should seriously report full attendance every single time. We would still be in the top 15 most honest FBS programs.

4. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    So, as suspected we report attendance the way it should be done, honestly. But, if the Ga State’s of the world gave Chic-fil-a 1k tickets as part of their sponsorship deal, that means they are reporting that 1k every game (used or not), is that correct?
    95% of what they report is fake. I don't care what method is used. No one buys any damned Gag tickets.

5. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

This ticket discussion reminds me of the special promotion Gag ran.....

Bunch of our folks jumped on it, so they modified it to specifically exclude us. What a crap program. Just disgusting on every level.

Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I still don't understand the attendance stuff.

So we are in the most honest 10 of the FBS.

(Whoop T Doo. That plus $3 will get you a bowl of soup.)

How does that help us? Casual observers (and many recruits) would understandably believe we are pretty much neck-and-neck with Gag and Troy and USA attendance-wise.

We should seriously report full attendance every single time. We would still be in the top 15 most honest FBS programs.
    Do the words "Do Right" sound familiar? I think we should report the most accurate attendance numbers possible and let other programs lie.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    1. Basically, it sounds like it's ultimately a business decision. I think if we decided stadium-wide alcohol sales would be worth paying the insurance and following whatever other regs there are, we'd do it.

2. I'm going to disagree with TK here. How many games have been picked up by ESPN within 12 days of kickoff? I believe Troy in 2016 was the only game picked up the week of the game and that was because it was on the CCG week. IMO announce game times after the weekday games are chosen and just let everyone know they are tentative. Now if you have a P5 home game you wait for the kickoff time because there's a chance it'll get moved, but for GS and Coastal I don't see why you can't set a tentative time.

3. Basically repeats what I quoted from the 2017 WSJ article. Fair enough, but that doesn't address the concern of our program not using the same standard for measuring attendance as most other G5s.
    In regards to #2, I'm ok with waiting for the tv schedules. However, there's no way the numbers point to a 3PM game in October being the best to maximize our attendance. Period.

We have data on our entire history that proves otherwise. The fact is 6PM (or later) kickoffs generate higher average attendance. So if we're not going to be on TV, the only time I could see it not being at night is late Nov/early Dec. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    This is perplexing to me.

There is simply no reason to not switch to the other method. Continuing this method just makes us look pathetic.
    Could it be that we have fewer bulk sale tickets and that the substantial majority of our tickets are actually used?

I can imagine schools like Gag convincing a donor to call part of their money a ‘ticket purchase’ at ridiculously low prices instead of counting it as a straight donation.

For us, there might not be that much more to report.
    Last edited by GATAlac El Dorado; 17th October 2019 at 11:38 AM.
    Ever devoted to the twin causes of reason and justice . . . ever at risk of waxing verbose

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    One group of people I'm betting don't read it are coaches (at least head coaches). Aside from that, yeah I'm sure players, their parents, media people, and athletic admin all read it.
    I don't think the coaches have the time to read this forum.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

If we can do what App State has done and crack the Top 25, then we won't have to worry about "polishing" our attendance numbers. Of course, bringing some "name" opponents to Paulson won't hurt either.