TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendance)

1. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Do the words "Do Right" sound familiar? I think we should report the most accurate attendance numbers possible and let other programs lie.
    We can scream "do right" all we want, but that won't stop us from being relegated to being a slightly cooler version of VSU.

We better learn to play that game the way the rules are laid out. Not the way we wish they were.

2. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Could it be that we have fewer bulk sale tickets and that the substantial majority of our tickets are actually used?

I can imagine schools like Gag convincing a donor to call part of their money a ‘ticket purchase’ at ridiculously low prices instead of counting it as a straight donation.

For us, there might not be that much more to report.
    I think Gag is just lying.

There's no penalty for it.

What the hell kind of donor is gonna eat 10K or 20k tickets each game? No one believes for a second Gag has donors like that.

(I think the system encourages this sort of thing to hide the fact that attendance has fallen all across FBS. The NCAA loves the inflated numbers. Distracts from the empty stands. I still can't believe how few people show up for Troy home games for instance. Gag inhales vigorously, but Troy is usually good. It's like a jr HS sides crowd.)

Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

TK was being tactful about the bulk corporate sales. He didn't want to say schools buy their own tickets. Heck, a lot of schools HAVE to every other year just to stay FBS. To be counted without being used, the ticket has to be sold (bought) at one third of the maximum established single ticket price. At GS, that max is $80. At GSU, it's $20. Do the math on what it would cost to fluff up attendance by 5k per game. Also GSU "gifts" all new graduates with season tickets which count.

I do love the argument of "That school is a lying piece of ****...... Why aren't we doing that, too?"

Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    TK was being tactful about the bulk corporate sales. He didn't want to say schools buy their own tickets. Heck, a lot of schools HAVE to every other year just to stay FBS. To be counted without being used, the ticket has to be sold (bought) at one third of the maximum established single ticket price. At GS, that max is $80. At GSU, it's $20. Do the math on what it would cost to fluff up attendance by 5k per game. Also GSU "gifts" all new graduates with season tickets which count.

I do love the argument of "That school is a lying piece of ****...... Why aren't we doing that, too?"
    We don't have to be like Gag. Just like most of the G5.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    We can scream "do right" all we want, but that won't stop us from being relegated to being a slightly cooler version of VSU.

We better learn to play that game the way the rules are laid out. Not the way we wish they were.
    I would rather follow Erk's "do right" than your suggestion "let's lie because the other guy is doing it". Taking the high ground may be lonely, but it keeps you out of the muck.

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post

What part of the school is buying the tickets? Academics? If the Athletic dept is buying them, isnt that just passing money from the left hand to the right?

7. Default Re: Eagle Insider: From the Desk of Tom Kleinlein (Alcohol / Kickoff times / Attendan

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We don't have to be like Gag. Just like most of the G5.
    Exactly.

We could be a little shady without going full mafia on the system.

(Don’t kid yourself, Mom. Gag inflated their numbers by way more than 5k. By way more than even 15 or 20k.)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    In regards to #2, I'm ok with waiting for the tv schedules. However, there's no way the numbers point to a 3PM game in October being the best to maximize our attendance. Period.

We have data on our entire history that proves otherwise. The fact is 6PM (or later) kickoffs generate higher average attendance. So if we're not going to be on TV, the only time I could see it not being at night is late Nov/early Dec. That's it.
    So you are saying they are intentionally scheduling the games at times that less people will show up? That make tons of sense. Maybe, just maybe, "they" know something those of us on a messageboard don't?

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post

Give it a rest. For the most part, no one cares about attendance anywhere but there own school (if that). We care about Gag St because we know they are full of crap and we love to troll them about it. If you gave me 250 guesses, I couldn't tell you what the average attendance at Troy, or Ark State, or UL, or anywhere else in the conference was other than us and Gag St. It's just not that big of a deal.

The "everyone else is lying so we need to lie too" is a childish response to something that doesn't really matter.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

why do you people gaf about how our attendance is calculated? Us announcing a loser to actual attending instead of inflating the numbers doesn't make us look bad to the average college football fan. At most, it creates some forum banter, but outside of that, who actually cares on if our attendance is listed as 18k or 20k? What actual difference does it make? Zero, it makes zero difference. If we went 12-0, would anyone actually give a damn about our attendance numbers? No. They would not