TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

1. Default Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

Default Re: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

So DeBesse is basically saying the same thing I and others have been saying about lack of OL experience and injuries. Of course DeBesse is never going to say "we need a better lineman at X", but we know there's that as well.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 16th October 2019 at 08:24 PM.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    So DeBesse is basically saying the same thing I and others have been saying about lack of OL experience and injuries. Of course DeBesse is never going to say "we need a better lineman at X", but we know there's that as well.
    While I don't like it... I'm okay with it to an extent. What I expect to see moving forward is improvement. We had a brutal opening to the season. Thankfully, the schedule appears to have "softened" just a bit as Troy and ULM may not be as good as expected. I do see opportunity to continue our work this year and really grow moving into next year. We are playing a bunch of underclassmen on offense... only 3 seniors (2 WR and Edwards on the OL). That's plenty of experience coming back for next season and I'd expect we see them really start building the rest of this season.

Keep the faith... this thing is going to be rolling eventually and once it does, it will be hard to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

Regarding that last piece about the dive and "feeling out process" because they don't know how the other team is going to play them....I feel like doing the same damn thing starting every game means the other team is going to play you the same damn way as everyone else because they see the reruns on tape.

Then again I cancelled my ESPN+ subscription weeks ago because the team was so boring to watch and am mostly talking out of my *** about what they do. I don't really know but that feels right.

Lots of excuses being made.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    While I don't like it... I'm okay with it to an extent. What I expect to see moving forward is improvement. We had a brutal opening to the season. Thankfully, the schedule appears to have "softened" just a bit as Troy and ULM may not be as good as expected. I do see opportunity to continue our work this year and really grow moving into next year. We are playing a bunch of underclassmen on offense... only 3 seniors (2 WR and Edwards on the OL). That's plenty of experience coming back for next season and I'd expect we see them really start building the rest of this season.

Keep the faith... this thing is going to be rolling eventually and once it does, it will be hard to stop.
    If we come out as flat after this bye week as we did the last one I will be very disappointed. I too want to see improvement each week with two weeks to prepare we should drop the hammer on the Beach Chickens, but I have a feeling it will be way closer than we want.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our third bowl win" Me

7. Default Re: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

So, why can’t we execute a “feeling-out process” without running a Dive when everyone in the stadium knows its coming?

8. Default Re: Bob DeBesse opens up on ‘disjointed’ Georgia Southern offense

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Regarding that last piece about the dive and "feeling out process" because they don't know how the other team is going to play them....I feel like doing the same damn thing starting every game means the other team is going to play you the same damn way as everyone else because they see the reruns on tape.
    I don't understand Debeese's philosophy on the dive.

Every team sees us do that, and they know exactly what we will do.

What on Earth keeps them from throwing misleading looks? What keeps them from simply coming up with strategies to use on our first drive (or two, or the, or the whole damned quarter) and then just switching coverages/strategies/looks or whatever later?

It seems like he doesn't understand that every single team sees how predictable we are on the opening drives and they prepare for it. They are actually capable of deceit. I really don't think he understands that.

I don't think it could be more obvious that this "testing out" philosophy is not working.

We just calling inside zone "dive" now?

I can agree with every excuse he gave and still scratch my head at how BLAND we have been. Seems like with all these thing he pointed out, we would be a little more creative.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1