TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 173

Thread: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

  1. Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    While that's true because some folks here are doomsday types, we're still a pretty bad team this year. There's literally no metric that proves otherwise, and plenty that prove it.
    I was thinking “well, maybe Maine really is good, and maybe Minn really is good,” but there is simply no excuse for what we saw in Mobile. That was full blown dumpster fire mode. USA was a horrid team, but we seemed bound and determined to be more horrid.

    (and no. Maine has proved they ain’t worth half a damn.)

    CCU ain’t great, but they are head and shoulders better than either of those teams.

    If we somehow pull out a commanding victory, I’ll happily chow down on a large bucket of crow.

    (Honestly, I would love some crow right about now. Been waiting on some tasty crow. But no matter how low I set my expectations or how much I try to jinx myself, we just find a way to be worse than anyone expected.)

    That mess in Mobile told me what I didn’t want to know. It confirmed that no matter how bad I think things are, they seem to actually be getting worse. (I thought we would definitely win that game. By at least two TDs.)

    If we don’t beat CCU, we will probably not make a bowl. If we lose to CCU by more than a TD, it’s definitely full blown panic time.

  2. #62

    Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I was thinking “well, maybe Maine really is good, and maybe Minn really is good,” but there is simply no excuse for what we saw in Mobile. That was full blown dumpster fire mode. USA was a horrid team, but we seemed bound and determined to be more horrid.

    (and no. Maine has proved they ain’t worth half a damn.)

    CCU ain’t great, but they are head and shoulders better than either of those teams.

    If we somehow pull out a commanding victory, I’ll happily chow down on a large bucket of crow.

    (Honestly, I would love some crow right about now. Been waiting on some tasty crow. But no matter how low I set my expectations or how much I try to jinx myself, we just find a way to be worse than anyone expected.)

    That mess in Mobile told me what I didn’t want to know. It confirmed that no matter how bad I think things are, they seem to actually be getting worse. (I thought we would definitely win that game. By at least two TDs.)

    If we don’t beat CCU, we will probably not make a bowl. If we lose to CCU by more than a TD, it’s definitely full blown panic time.
    You weren't watching the same game in Mobile I was watching. I saw us thoroughly dominate USA on the vast majority of possessions yet struggle to put them away.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

  3. Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by GSUcoastie09 View Post
    We play on offense like we did on the do or die final possession of regulation against USA and we will win handedly...if we play like we did the rest of that game then not so much.
    That possession was very nice.

    Stuff was working so well.....

    But we all know exactly what DeBeese will run. He will run that stuff until it’s absolutely too late.

    I really don’t think the man understands that our offense is not a “one from behind” type setup. It just isn’t.

    We need to get ahead and stay ahead. Once we get a lead, this kind of offense excels in keeping the lead.

    But when we gain only 5 or 6 yards before we punt to end a drive, this just won’t work. We waste the entire half to even 3/4 of a game on this “establish the dive” stuff and we can’t recover.

  4. Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    You weren't watching the same game in Mobile I was watching. I saw us thoroughly dominate USA on the vast majority of possessions yet struggle to put them away.
    I saw two teams battling to lose.

    Kicks are nice, but TDs are better.

    How many offensive TDs do we have so far? Like 4 or 5?

    USA was a terrible team. They were worse than Maine. By a lot. But they damned near beat us.

  5. #65

    Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    If we don’t beat CCU, we will probably not make a bowl.
    Most likely true.

    This game is a true pivot point for the rest of the season. A loss here not only means a bowl game is unlikely, but also that there is a slim to none chance we win the East. I know the East seems like a pie in the sky to a lot of people right now, but we still control our own destiny with it. A win against CCU, and we head into Boone with a 2-1 conference record. If by some miracle we win that game, we'd be sitting alone at the top of the East.

  6. #66

    Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    We moved the ball when we got in 21 personnel and ran the option...what a concept.

    Every other play is a dud. The inside zone is also a dud but a necessary evil.

    We need to massively scale down what we're trying to do. We inhale vigorously at all of it.

    Stay in 21 personnel and run as much option and counters off option as possible.

    We'll win by 21 doing that.

    All of our 11 personnel stuff is trash...our drop back "throw game" is trash.

    Our "power running" is trash.

  7. #67

    Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We moved the ball when we got in 21 personnel and ran the option...what a concept.

    Every other play is a dud. The inside zone is also a dud but a necessary evil.

    We need to massively scale down what we're trying to do. We inhale vigorously at all of it.

    Stay in 21 personnel and run as much option and counters off option as possible.

    We'll win by 21 doing that.

    All of our 11 personnel stuff is trash...our drop back "throw game" is trash.

    Our "power running" is trash.
    We both know what we're gonna see on Saturday. 11 personnel with dive after dive after dive.

  8. #68

    Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    We moved the ball when we got in 21 personnel and ran the option...what a concept.

    Every other play is a dud. The inside zone is also a dud but a necessary evil.

    We need to massively scale down what we're trying to do. We inhale vigorously at all of it.

    Stay in 21 personnel and run as much option and counters off option as possible.

    We'll win by 21 doing that.

    All of our 11 personnel stuff is trash...our drop back "throw game" is trash.

    Our "power running" is trash.
    Against South Alabama I calculated 6.5 yards per play with multi-back sets, and 2.5 yards a play with single-back sets.

    We're basically a generic run-based spread team when we line up in 11 or 10 sets. The one speed option play we run from the 11 was blown up and would've been blown up even with flawless blocking.

    The last interception our team had was against Coastal Carolina two years ago, and I have a feeling the next one will be against Coastal as well because we're going to try and move the ball sending 4 receivers downfield on first or second down.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,835

    Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I did a whole thread on Twitter about this last night after I saw your post. 30 points is the magic number.













    How does this compare with the other FBS programs in regards to scoring 30+ PPG?

    What’s the winning % of any team using those same metrics?

    Just curious.

  10. #70

    Default Re: CCU v GS Score/Attendance Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    How does this compare with the other FBS programs in regards to scoring 30+ PPG?

    What’s the winning % of any team using those same metrics?

    Just curious.
    I'm betting it's true for any team with a comparable all-time win percentage with ours.

    It's an interesting stat, but you have to be careful how you interpret it. Playing historically in a conference and subdivision where you have better athletes than most of your competition is going to distort your win percentage when scoring 30+ points.

    To me it's sort of like when ESPN puts up a graphic showing a team's record when leading at half time. Of course you won't find a team that wins a lot that doesn't have a great record when leading at half time because a team that's winning a lot is going to have lots of games that aren't close and they're almost always winning at half time.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

    Regarding football Scheduling.

Similar Threads

  1. South Alabama Score/Attendance Prediction
    By eaglemark in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 7th October 2018, 11:43 AM
  2. Arkansas State Score/Attendance Prediction
    By eaglemark in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 6th October 2017, 08:45 AM
  3. Score and attendance prediction for Saturday?
    By kokoeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 9th September 2017, 11:03 PM
  4. Score/ Attendance Prediction
    By redlegeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 23rd November 2010, 11:30 PM
  5. GSU vs SSU Attendance/ Score Prediction
    By redlegeagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 23rd July 2010, 04:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •