TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rivalries

Default Rivalries

So, would you rather finish the year 5-7 (including wins over App & Gag State) OR 7-5 with a bowl (but losing those two games)?

Also, assuming current schedule format and conference stability do you see us developing a rivalry with any conference opponent not mentioned above in the next 5, 10 years?

Default Re: Rivalries

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    So, would you rather finish the year 5-7 (including wins over App & Gag State) OR 7-5 with a bowl (but losing those two games)?

Also, assuming current schedule format and conference stability do you see us developing a rivalry with any conference opponent not mentioned above in the next 5, 10 years?
    7-5, especially if we follow by winning the bowl game. 8 wins would be a reasonably successful result. We can worry about winning the rivalry games once we’re winners in general.

I think we have the beginnings of rivalries with Troy and CCU, though the latter may not have enough of a base to support it.

The western division schools are a little far away, but it’s easy to dislike both ULL and Ark St.
    Last edited by pete4256; 12th October 2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

WHAT????, come on man, 7-5!!!!!

Hopefully you are right about Troy. I just have trouble generating the hatred I have for Gag or respect/dislike I have for App for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    WHAT????, come on man, 7-5!!!!!

My head says that Garns, but my heart can't take another loss to those clowns in ATL.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    My head says that Garns, but my heart can't take another loss to those clowns in ATL.
    I wish we had the financial support those "clowns in ATL" have. I'm starting to believe they will indeed pass us. Georgia Southern just doesn't seem to be able to generate the economic support in our own back yard that's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    I wish we had the financial support those "clowns in ATL" have. I'm starting to believe they will indeed pass us. Georgia Southern just doesn't seem to be able to generate the economic support in our own back yard that's needed.
    Their Foundation is paying for their stadium.

The BoR is paying for their new Convocation Center.

Athletics is cash poor.

So basically would you rather be kicked in the right nut or punched in the left one?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    In facilities yes, in wins in the 3 big sports, no. Football is the only sport that is close, we own them in basketball and baseball.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    So basically would you rather be kicked in the right nut or punched in the left one?
    Punched in the left, no question.