TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

Rewatching the game, our blocking still needs a lot of work (coaching and players - both sides are failing based on what I see, and I'm a self-proclaimed expert).

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Our success rate is also going to be distorted from bad snaps, penalties, and negative plays caused by pitch screw-ups or whatever.
    Yes. And I should clarify; I’m not claiming that we run the dive better than we did last year.

I’m suggesting there hasn’t been a huge drop off—if any—within four yards of the LoS.

We obviously need to break more big plays between the tackles. Having Kennedy back might help. I can’t help but think that there are other reasons we aren’t getting big-play lanes, though.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Yes. And I should clarify; I’m not claiming that we run the dive better than we did last year.

I’m suggesting there hasn’t been a huge drop off—if any—within four yards of the LoS.

We obviously need to break more big plays between the tackles. Having Kennedy back might help. I can’t help but think that there are other reasons we aren’t getting big-play lanes, though.
    I would honestly feel more comfortable converting 4th and 1 this season than last.

But we are definitely not getting the explosive plays up the middle we did last year, and I think how tightly bunched or OL is has a lot to do with that.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

I would honestly feel more comfortable converting 4th and 1 this season than last.

But we are definitely not getting the explosive plays up the middle we did last year, and I think how tightly bunched or OL is has a lot to do with that.
    I suspect this has something to do with it.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

We bunched up like this last year too.