TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The 19th Hole
    Posts
    13,687

    Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    We have 5 tie-ins, right?

    GS, App, ULL, Troy, Ark State - those are your ticket sellers

    ULM, TXST, Coastal, GAST, USA - these are your teams that get in when there are enough spots to go around

    It's that simple. I've made a stink about us needing to inflate our ticket numbers if all the other teams are, but the bowl reps are visiting actual sites and they know who buys real tickets and travel well. We're fine until we stop showing up, and even then we're going to get the benefit of the doubt for a while.
    We do have 5. Just keep in mind last year ULM got left out with 6 wins because everyone else had more. If we tie someone with 6, then we get the nod. But I don't think that's what will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanMolsonMan View Post
    Because.... We're idiots.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    28,271

    Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    We do have 5. Just keep in mind last year ULM got left out with 6 wins because everyone else had more. If we tie someone with 6, then we get the nod. But I don't think that's what will happen.
    No they got left out because they don't drive ticket sales.

    Bowls care about how generates money around the bowl. They don't care about whether or not you have 6 vs 7 wins.


  3. Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    No they got left out because they don't drive ticket sales.

    Bowls care about how generates money around the bowl. They don't care about whether or not you have 6 vs 7 wins.
    Yeah if we hit 6 we are in.

  4. #14

    Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Does the new myrtle beach bowl game increase coastals chances?
    Brian Brennan
    1995 BBA Finance
    Eagle fan since 1982

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    28,271

    Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Does the new myrtle beach bowl game increase coastals chances?
    Doubtful, at least for that one. They'll want a fanbase from out of town that can bring people to hotels. It's the same reason the Camellia Bowl would really rather not have Troy if possible.

    However there's a chance that it could pull someone like Troy over and open up a possibility for the Alabama bowls to have different selections. They'd have to start selling more tickets though. The committees knew in 2015 that we'd sell tickets because of the crowds we'd already pulled. I haven't seen any of Coastal's crowds yet, but from what they've had the last 2 years they wouldn't have someone jumping to get them.


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    47,454

    Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Let's just win 8 games and make this a moot point. But no if you've traveled to our bowl games you'd know we'd get in over another 6 win team, say Gag State. Simply because we have real fans and not inflated numbers. I mean the bowl game last year sold out of beer because of the number of our fans. Hopefully the bowl committee also saw the Aviator sold out of beer the night before the game. Just look at the hotel rooms sold in the 2 bowl games. Look at how we travel to away games compared to the rest of the conference.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  7. Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    If the dive play starts working, the team can go to a bowl. If they can't figure out why the dive play is so ineffective this year, there will be serious problems. Entire system is predicated on that dive play.

  8. #18

    Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    If the dive play starts working, the team can go to a bowl. If they can't figure out why the dive play is so ineffective this year, there will be serious problems. Entire system is predicated on that dive play.
    We're 5 games in, I don't think it's going to get any better this season.

  9. Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    We're 5 games in, I don't think it's going to get any better this season.
    Then they have to start throwing screens and attacking the perimeter to open up the dive, instead of going to the dive 50 times a game when it isn't working.

  10. #20

    Default Re: IS IT REMOTELY POSSIBLE?

    Quote Originally Posted by gsuoption View Post
    Then they have to start throwing screens and attacking the perimeter to open up the dive, instead of going to the dive 50 times a game when it isn't working.
    I would love to see some stats on the dive this season vs last. My impression is that it’s been more effective in 2019. It may be that we’ve had fewer stuffs on that play in 2019, though.
    Thanks, Rastabot!
    www.247sports.com/porkchops

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •