Schedule:

WEDNESDAY:

Appalachian State @ Louisiana (-3) 8:00 PM ESPN2

THURSDAY:

ULM (-2.5) @ Texas State 9:15 PM ESPNU

SATURDAY:

Georgia Staet @ CCU (-6.5) 5:00 PM ESPN+

Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

I think ULL rolls honestly. App's defensive front is very similar to ours, and we were getting BLOWN off the ball.

ULM can score points, and not just on the ground. Not sure TX State's secondary is up to the task. We'll see.

Gast is gonna have a rude awakening at CCU cause they aren't just a bunch of waterboys out there like stAte was. They will abuse Gast's secondary too since you actually have to respect their playaction, it's what they burned us with in 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I think ULL rolls honestly. App's defensive front is very similar to ours, and we were getting BLOWN off the ball.

ULM can score points, and not just on the ground. Not sure TX State's secondary is up to the task. We'll see.

Gast is gonna have a rude awakening at CCU cause they aren't just a bunch of waterboys out there like stAte was. They will abuse Gast's secondary too since you actually have to respect their playaction, it's what they burned us with in 2017.
    I think it's a shootout. ULL may run all over App like they did us, but App has the ability to keep up with the score.

I would absolutely love to see ULL embarrass them on national TV though.

4. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Wow, that App/ULL game started at App -2 now it’s ULL -3 ?!?!? Looking forward to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    I think it's a shootout. ULL may run all over App like they did us, but App has the ability to keep up with the score.

I would absolutely love to see ULL embarrass them on national TV though.
    I'm not so sure.

ULL isn't giving up big plays and that's really what App's offense has thrived on. They didn't do anything in the second half against UNC outside of 2 big pass plays to setup a TD, the rest of their drives produced no points. If App has to grind, they're gonna be in trouble.

They are a big play offense now....they're not going to lean on you and cause big plays to happen like they have in the past.

6. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Unless we turn into the New England Patriots,My guess is ULL and APP will meet again.

7. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    Unless we turn into the New England Patriots,My guess is ULL and APP will meet again.
    My hope is that ULL rattles App enough to create some confidence issues and exposes some weaknesses that they try to overcompensate for going forward.

We have a lot of football left to play. I am anxious to see how well we progress.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Wow, that App/ULL game started at App -2 now it’s ULL -3 ?!?!? Looking forward to that one.
    This AM I got ULL favored by 1.5. I think ULM beats TexSt. Gag tends to play a good game then a poor game, time for the poor game CCU by 10.

Obviously the best case for Southern this week is ULL beating App and CCU beating Ga State. That puts everyone in the East at either 1-1 or 1-2.

I don't have very high confidence in this team, but if the above happens AND we beat CCU, then the season is wide open. Outside of App, everyone in the East has some major issues right now.