TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425

Thread: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    App State has just under 3,000 members in the Yosef Club. We've never topped the 3,000 donor mark in any year. I'm not sure how that compares to GS.
    Ok thanks. We haven't released numbers in a few years but it's in the 2K range. We lost several hundred during the Summers years. And lost like 1000+ season ticket holders. I think we are around 6,000. Where are you?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Don't they also have twice the boosters we do? Our fans need to show up and show out.
    I doubt it. They raised less the $1 million is booster contributions than we did last year.

3. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    The Beauty of app state being ranked every year when we play them is that it gives us a top 25 win every year. Hail Southern!
    Yeah, that’s one thing we could have on App. If we win this year we will have more Top25 wins than them.

4. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Ok thanks. We haven't released numbers in a few years but it's in the 2K range. We lost several hundred during the Summers years. And lost like 1000+ season ticket holders. I think we are around 6,000. Where are you?
    We really only have about 2k donors? Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    No. You’ve been spouting this nonsense for years.
    they have 3,000, we have a whopping 2,000. Straight up pitiful. But what the heck fire everybody.

6. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I doubt it. They raised less the $1 million is booster contributions than we did last year.
    I'm not sure what GS's booster donations were last year. App's were just over $4 million. If y'all are pulling in $5 million in donations, please share how you're accomplishing that. Like GS, App is always looking for ways to broaden our donor base and increase donations. It's definitely an uphill climb.

Here's what the USA Today report lists for contributions (in millions) for 2016, 2017, and 2018.

GS: 3.9, 4.0, 3.7
    App: 3.8, 2.9, 4.6

So for those years we're ahead bout $300k.
    "Follow the trendlines, not the headlines." -Steven Pinker (?)

Regarding football Scheduling.

8. Default Re: Sun Belt Week 7 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Here's what the USA Today report lists for contributions (in millions) for 2016, 2017, and 2018.

GS: 3.9, 4.0, 3.7
    App: 3.8, 2.9, 4.6

So for those years we're ahead bout $300k.
    Good. They excluded the $10 million gift we got from one donor in 2017 (FYE June 30, 2018). Those figures still put GS $100k per year ahead of App. I'd love to know how you've had success with getting new donors. It sounds like both schools have plenty of folks who are delighted to be vocal but not so delighted to donate real dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, that’s one thing we could have on App. If we win this year we will have more Top25 wins than them.
    lol
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by AppFan82 View Post
    Good. They excluded the $10 million gift we got from one donor in 2017 (FYE June 30, 2018). Those figures still put GS $100k per year ahead of App. I'd love to know how you've had success with getting new donors. It sounds like both schools have plenty of folks who are delighted to be vocal but not so delighted to donate real dollars.
    We keep trying with programs. We have a new graduate program that is for anyone who has graduated in the last 4 years. Can't find the current details but for $50 I think it used to include free general admission for all football games. It goes up annually until you reach $120. Each of the 3 big sports has a alumni program for former players and managers. Same thing, you donate x and you get free GA tickets for the season and a nice polo. There is a referral program where current donors can earn perks for recruiting new donors. IMO it really comes down to winning at football. There is also a big booster recruiting tool where if you commit to $10K/5 years you are in the Champions level. It's a small group but growing.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"